Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Apollo 11 Clad Commemorative Half Dollar Proof w/24K Gold & Black Ruthenium
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.95 $97.00
Land on a Different Kind of Moon
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of NASA’s Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative half dollar Proof. Not just any half dollar, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Neil Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin.
The designs on this popular coin are incredibly detailed, and at 30.607 mm in diameter, it’s the perfect size to showcase every nuance of the intricate details. And now you can secure one of these historic half dollars lavished in a combination of Black Ruthenium and 24-karat gold! The contrast between the deep black color and the gleaming brilliance of gold really sets these coins apart!
You’ll have a blast adding this coin to your collection, but don’t wait too long; when they’re gone, they’re gone! So, don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Armstrong’s famous photo of Buzz Aldrin. The unique design, which mimics the curve of an astronaut’s visor, represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- SPECIAL COATING OF 24K GOLD & BLACK RUTHENIUM – Each coin in this offer has been beautifully layered in a combination of Black Ruthenium and 24-karat gold to give it a stunning otherworldly effect.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are fifty cents legal tender in the United States.
- STRUCK IN GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollar will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautiful details.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting this release to a combination of just 750,000 proof and uncirculated coins.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019 Apollo 11 Clad Commemorative Half Dollar Proof layered in 24-Karat Gold & Black Ruthenium. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Clad, Copper-Nickel - CuNi, Gold Plated|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||11.34 Grams - g|