Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar NGC PF70 w/Black Core & Moon Mission Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $79.95 $77.59
Apollo 11 Anniversary Commemorative Receives Special Moon Mission Label
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative half dollar. Not just any half dollar, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! And, for one week only, the Numismatic Guaranty (NGC) has applied a special pedigree to Apollo 11-themed coins with an exclusive label in honor of the actual dates of the mission!
- The special NGC Moon Mission Releases label will be given to Apllo11-themed coins submitted to NGC for grading between July 16 and July 24, 2019 – the same dates as the Apollo 11 mission 50 years earlier! The label includes an iconic depiction of an astronaut and an American flag on the lunar surface with the words “The Eagle has landed.”
As for the coin itself, the obverse features the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to the historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates the famous photograph snapped by Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin and features a close-up view of Aldrin’s helmet reflecting Armstrong and the lunar module in his visor. The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 30.607 mm in diameter, the coin is the perfect size to showcase every nuance of the intricate details.
In addition, your 2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollar has been graded by NGC as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Plus, this coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
With just 750,000 of these historic 2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollars available in either proof or uncirculated condition, a sell-out is expected. In fact, the last time the U.S. Mint released a curved coin was the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Silver Dollar. That coin had a mintage of 400,000 and sold out in just 13 days! As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Armstrong’s famous photograph of Buzz Aldrin on the moon on the reverse. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These Apollo 11 50th Anniversary clad half dollars are fifty cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- SPECIAL DESIGNATION LABEL – This coin comes in an acrylic holder with a black display core and a special NGC Moon Mission Releases label that was given to Apollo 11-themed coins submitted to NGC between July 16 and July 24, 2019.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting this release to a combination of just 750,000 proof and uncirculated half-dollar coins.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollar. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||11.34 Grams - g|