Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-S Kennedy Half Dollar Enhanced Reverse Proof NGC PF70 First Day of Issue w/Black Core and ASF Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $115.00 $111.61
Special Kennedy Half Dollar Struck to Honor 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11
In a speech before a large Texas crowd at Houston’s Rice Stadium on September 12, 1962, President John F. Kennedy passionately exhorted the United States to land a man on the moon by the end of the decade. His words did not fall on deaf ears for on July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets as Apollo 11 successfully touched down on the moon’s surface.
Sadly, Kennedy never saw his call to action fulfilled. An assassin’s bullet may have cut him down, but America prevailed and completed the task JFK had set out before her. In 1964, a year after Kennedy’s death, the U.S. Mint released the very first Kennedy Half Dollar. Originally intended as a one-year-only commemorative, it has proved to be so popular that the Mint has issued it every year since.
In 2019, to honor the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission and to pay tribute to Kennedy’s vision of putting a man on the moon, the U.S. Mint’s branch mint in San Francisco struck a special Kennedy Half Dollar with an enhanced reverse proof finish. A reverse proof differs from regular proof coins in that it features frosted fields and mirror-like details in contrast to a regular proof’s mirrored fields and frosted details. This marked the first time in U.S. Mint history that a half-dollar coin was struck with an enhanced reverse proof finish!
The gleaming coin is a fitting tribute to Kennedy’s legacy and his bold dream of space exploration. There’s just one catch about this coin, however: It was available only in two-piece sets that included the Mint’s 2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half Dollar – and those sets are completely sold out at the Mint!
But here’s the good news: Thanks to our connections in the coin world, we’ve been able to amass a small horde of these sets, and we’re making the coins available individually. What’s more, every coin in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a designation that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
In addition, NGC has certified that your special Enhanced Reverse Proof Kennedy Half Dollar is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive Astronaut Scholarship Foundation (ASF) label.
The San Francisco Mint struck just 100,000 Enhanced Reverse Proof Kennedy Half Dollars in 2019 and, as stated above, they were never made available for individual sale. This is your chance to add one of these special coins to your Kennedy Half Dollar collection. Act now to avoid missing out!
- EXCLUSIVE AVAILABILITY – This special Kennedy Half Dollar featuring an Enhanced Reverse Proof finish was available only in two-pieces sets and was not made available by the Mint individually.
- BEAUTIFUL REVERSE PROOF FINISH – These Kennedy Half Dollars feature an Enhanced Reverse Proof finish – the first time in U.S. Mint history that a half-dollar coin was struck with an enhanced reverse proof.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are fifty cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-S Kennedy Half Dollar Enhanced Reverse Proof will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Kennedy Half Dollar to be First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive Astronaut Scholarship Foundation (ASF) label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint struck 100,000 of these coins and release them in two-piece sets along with the 2019-S Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half Dollar. Those sets are completely sold out at the mint.
The 2019-S Kennedy Half Dollar Enhanced Reverse Proof is destined to become a key-date coin for the entire Kennedy Half Dollar series. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Copper-Nickel - CuNi|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||11.34 Grams - g|