Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Africa 1-oz Silver Natura Euparkeria Dinosaur BU
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
The Natura Series Goes Prehistoric for Its First-Ever Silver BU Release
First released in 1994, the South African Mint’s Natura Series is unique in that the entire series comes struck with a new image or theme each year. This award-winning series has previously focused on animals from the South African region, but in 2018 the series shifted to paleontology.
And now, for the first time ever, the South African Mint has struck a Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) Silver Natura coin! What’s more, this 2019 release marks the first release of the Natura Rise of the Dinosaur series and features an instantly iconic Jurassic Park-like skeletal image of an Archosauria dinosaur on the obverse. On the reverse you’ll find the exciting image of the indigenous Euparkeria dinosaur chasing after its next meal.
The Euparkeria was a diminutive dinosaur from the Archosauria family that lived between 245-230 million years ago in what is today South Africa. About as big as an average house cat, this carnivorous little beast was definitely not something you’d want curling up on your lap! Scientists believe its oversized hind legs enabled it to run fast enough to sprint across the surface of water without falling in – and with a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth, this is not the kind of critter anyone would want to tangle with regardless of its size!
Each 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Natura Euparkeria Dinosaur Coin comes beautifully displayed in its original government packaging consisting of an informative story booklet and a certificate of authenticity. Only 50,000 were struck so the time to get yours is now before our limited supply become extinct!
- FIRST-EVER SILVER NATURA COIN – This Euparkeria Dinosaur coin is the first release in the South African Mint’s Natura Rise of the Dinosaur series. The reverse features an Euparkeria dinosaur leaping in the air in an attempt to feed on an insect. The coin’s obverse features the fossilized remains of a dinosaur along with the words “RISE OF THE DINOSAURS,” “SOUTH AFRICA” “ARCHOSAURIA” and the 2019 year date in Roman numerals MMXIX.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 South Africa Silver Natura Euparkeria Dinosaur coin is struck in one ounce of 92.5% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN SOUTH AFRICA – These 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Natura Euparkeria Dinosaur coins are 25 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- GLEAMING BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Natura Euparkeria Dinosaur coin comes in gorgeous Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as crisp and fresh as the day it left the mint.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for this coin has been set at just 50,000.
As one of the smaller reptiles living in a world populated by many predators, Euparkeria had to be quick on its feet. And with only 50,000 of these coins struck for worldwide release, you’ll need to be quick on your feet if you want to add this first-ever coin to your collection. Click one – or several – to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|