Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Korea 1-oz Silver Chiwoo Cheonwang Medal BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1 - 4 $29.95 $29.07
- 5 - 9 $28.45 $27.61
- 10 - 19 $27.95 $27.13
- 20 - 99 $27.70 $26.88
- 100 + $27.45 $26.64
South Korea’s Legendary God of War Makes His Triumphant Return
For many young people, the most significant culture coming out of South Korea these days are boy bands under the umbrella classification of “K-pop.” This Korean Wave of music may have thousands of teenage girls screaming for their favorite singer, but the Asian wave that you’ll really want to ride is South Korea’s latest release in its Chiwoo Cheonwang silver bullion series. First released in 2016, this epic series of silver bullion medals has met with worldwide acclaim, selling out every year. And now the new wave of medals has arrived – and you’ll need to act fast or risk being left in its wake!
The 2019 release features an all-new, one-year-only design struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver. It depicts Chiwoo Cheonwang, South Korea’s legendary God of War, surveying a field of battle from high atop a mountain. Along with him are his sword and shield – each a significant symbol of his mighty power and persona. His shield shows the image of Dokkaebi, a supernatural goblin that, despite its grotesque appearance, is a symbol of good luck. The same design is repeated on the medal’s obverse. His massive longsword, standing taller than the indefatigable warrior himself, is a reminder that he is ready at a moment’s notice to take up arms and bring victory to his side.
The legendary warrior Chiwoo Cheonwang upon whose life these designs are based on, is the symbol of victory in Korean history and folklore. In battle, he wore a demonic mask that obscured his face and terrified his enemies. Combined with his ability to cast magic spells and control the weather, Chiwoo Cheonwang fought a series of epic battles against China’s Yellow Emperor more than 4,500 years ago. Today his mask serves as the mascot for South Korea’s national soccer team, the Red Devils.
This year’s medal marks the fourth release in the series. And, while incredibly popular both inside and outside of South Korea, the mintage this year was reduced from 45,000 in 2018 to just 33,300 for 2019 – a reduction of more than 25 percent! And of that already reduced mintage, HALF has already been allocated for release exclusively in the Korean market!
To assure you’re victorious in obtaining one of these Brilliant Uncirculated beauties, add the 2019 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal to your cart today!
- NEW DESIGN IN POPULAR ONGOING SERIES – This year’s design on the Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal shows South Korea’s legendary warrior surveying a battlefield from atop a mountain. The obverse shows the image of Dokkaebi, a supernatural goblin that, despite its grotesque appearance, is a symbol of good luck.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – The 2019 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang Silver Medal is struck in a troy ounce of 99.9% silver.
- UNIQUE MONETARY DENOMINATION – Each 2019 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal bears a denomination of 1 Clay. While not legal tender, this is a new concept of measurement value for South Korea’s bullion releases.
- BEAUTIFUL GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal comes in beautiful Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, which means that your coin is the product of a superb strike that places it firmly among the elite of the run!
- UNIQUE SECURITY FEATURE – Each medal in this release also features a unique security features integrated into its design. Located on the obverse, this lenticular feature will display either “AG” or “999” depending on the angle at which you view it.
- STRICT LIMITED EDITION – Just 33,300 of these magnificent 2019 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal were struck at KOMSCO, the official mint of South Korea.
With its limited mintage, new annual designs and silver purity, South Korea’s Chiwoo Cheonwang silver bullion series is a runaway fit with both coin collectors and silver stackers. Get your 2019 Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal today before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|