Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Korea 1-oz Silver Taekwondo Medal BU
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
Here’s A Silver Medal You’ll Really Get a Kick Out Of!
One of the world’s most popular martial arts, Taekwondo is the national sport of South Korea, where the discipline originated more than 2,300 years ago. The name itself tells you almost everything you need to know about the sport. It is derived from the Korean word “Tae” meaning foot, “Kwon” meaning fist, and “Do” meaning way of. So, Taekwondo literally means “the way of the foot and fist.” As South Korea’s most beloved sport, it should come as no surprise that Taekwondo is now the theme of a new silver series. Surprisingly, however, this is the first time South Korea is commemorating its most beloved martial art with a limited-edition medal!
Struck by the government-owned Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation (KOMSCO), the 2019 South Korea Taekwondo Medal is minted in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver. It features the image of a young Taekwondo practitioner executing a flawless roundhouse kick – a move commonly associated with the sport long recognized for its emphasis on high, jumping and spinning kicks performed with rapid-fire precision. Famous action stars like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li studied Taekwondo and incorporated it into their fighting styles.
An Olympic sport since 2000, Taekwondo is more than just fighting and self-defense. It also teaches discipline, self-confidence and a training regimen aimed at improving a person both physically and emotionally. The 2019 South Korea Taekwondo One-Ounce Silver Medal perfectly embodies the spirit and emotion of the martial art with every detail of the design’s stylistic imagery captured in gleaming Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
This medal will make the perfect gift for anyone learning about Taekwondo. Imagine being able to present this pure silver keepsake to a son, daughter or grandchild upon their achieving a black belt or other milestone! They will cherish it forever! But with only 25,000 struck for the entire world, you’ll need to kick it into high gear and add one of these medals to your cart now before other collectors, silver stackers and martial arts fans from around the world beat you to it.
- HONORING SOUTH KOREA’S MOST BELOVED SPORT – These medals represent the first time South Korea has paid tribute to its most beloved martial art – Taekwondo – on a limited-edition medal. The reverse features a young man performing a roundhouse kick while the obverse shows a stylized image of the South Korean flag.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These 2019 South Korea Taekwondo Silver Medals were struck in a full ounce of 99.9% silver.
- EXTRA SECURITY FEATURE INCLUDED – Each medal also features a security feature consisting of a lenticular design struck into the silver itself. The image will appear on the medal’s obverse as either “Ag” or “999” depending on the viewing angle.
- GLEAMING GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 South Korea Taekwondo One-Ounce Silver Medal comes in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, meaning that your medal is the product of a superb strike that places it firmly among the elite of the run.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide limited edition for these medals has been set at just 25,000.
Get your kicks with the 2019 South Korea Taekwondo One-Ounce Silver Medal. Quantities are limited so don’t wait; click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|