Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Tokelau $5 1-oz Silver Year of the Pig Mirror Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $84.95 $82.44
Year of the Pig Coin Is Like Two Coins in One!
According to Asian folklore, the pig is an energetic go-getter who is always enthusiastic. In fact, their chubby jowls and floppy ears are considered to be signs of good fortune. It’s no wonder the pig is one of the Chinese lunar calendar’s 12 signs. But did you know the pig is the 12th and final sign? According to folklore, the Jade Emperor decreed the order of the zodiac would be decided according to the order in which the animals arrived. In some tales the pig was last because he overslept. In other tales a wolf destroyed his house and he had to repair it before he could attend the party.
That brings us to 2019 and it’s the Year of the Pig. To pay tribute to this popular lunar year, the island nation of Tokelau has issued an extremely limited proof coin that is actually like two coins in one! This beautiful coin is struck in a full troy ounce of 99.9% fine silver and features both a traditional proof finish AND a unique reverse proof finish!
This simple-yet-elegant design depicts two chubby pigs as mirror reflections of each other, each occupying one half of the coin. The upper half of the coin features a standard proof finish with a frosted image against a mirrored background. The coin’s lower half is just the opposite – a reverse proof finish with a mirrored image and a frosted background! The delightful design really stands out on this charming legal-tender coin that measures an impressive 65 mm in diameter. Plus, your proof will come in its original mint packaging and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
The Chinese Lunar Calendar’s Year of the Pig occurs every 12 years. Besides 2019, other Dog years include, 2007, 1995, 1983, 1971, 1959, 1947, 1935 and 1923. Famous people born during the Year of the Pig include Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Ernest Hemingway, Humphrey Bogart, Lucille Ball, Fred Astaire and Julie Andrews.
This superb coin is sure to make an excellent addition to your collection or a fabulous gift for anyone you know born during the Year of the Pig. To date, all previous releases in the series have sold out within just a few days. And with a limited edition of only 500 coins, this is one party you don’t want to be late for, add one to your cart today!
- ELEGANT YEAR-OF-THE-PIG DESIGN – This simple-yet-elegant design depicts two chubby pigs as mirror reflections of each other, each occupying one half of the coin. The upper half of the coin features a standard proof finish with a frosted image against a mirrored background. The coin’s lower half is just the opposite – a reverse proof finish with a mirrored image and a frosted background! The obverse shows the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II with a tuluma depicted below. A tuluma is a wooden box used for fishing and it is the national symbol of Tokelau.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These Year of the Pig Proofs are struck in one troy ounce of 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – Each Year of the Pig One-Ounce Silver Proof is $5 legal tender in Tokelau, a remote island nation made up of several atolls in the South Pacific Ocean halfway between Hawaii and New Zealand.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Tokelau Year of the Pig One-Ounce Silver Proof comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields on the one half of the coin and mirrored details and frosted fields on the other half of the coin.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this silver coin has been set at only 500 proofs! Your proof will come displayed in its original government packaging and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
This is your chance to celebrate the Year of the Dog in a big way. Just 500 of these special proofs will be released for the entire world – a number far too low for all the coin collectors, dog lovers and silver stackers out there who would like to get their paws on this coin. Order yours right away while you still can!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|