Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-W $100 1-oz Platinum American Eagle Liberty NGC PF70UC First Releases
Extraordinary New Designs Mark a New Era for the Platinum Eagle
Since its debut in 1997, the American Eagle Platinum Proof had always featured John Mercanti's gorgeous close-up vision of the Statue of Liberty on the obverse. And while each year would bring a stunning new reverse design, Lady Liberty's crowned head appeared on the obverse side like clockwork.
In 2018, that changed as the U.S. Mint ushered the beloved annual release into its third decade with the first of a new series of artistically-rich designs inspired by the preamble to the Declaration of Independence. Planned as a three-year design arc, these three coins illustrate Lady Liberty guiding a young country under the self-evident truths “that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Now, in 2019, the second proof in the exciting numismatic trilogy is available as a vivid visual ode to “Liberty.” The design depicts Lady Liberty keeping watch over prairies, lakes and mountains as a Conestoga wagon carries a family of pioneers westward. Liberty’s parted lips suggest freedom of speech, her torch a guiding light, and her book represents the rule of law and its equal protection for all people. The common reverse features a bold American Eagle in flight with an olive branch clutched in its talons.
This spectacular coin was expertly crafted by the talented artisans at the West Point Mint from hand-selected one-ounce planchets of 99.95% pure platinum, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. In addition, your 2019 One-Ounce Platinum Eagle Liberty Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core.
We expect the demand for this second release in the three-year series to be incredibly high. Don't miss out on this new generation of Platinum Eagles – order yours now!
- THE UNALIENABLE RIGHT OF LIBERTY – Designed by Justin Kunz and sculpted by Joseph Menna, the coin's obverse features Lady Liberty keeping watch over a prairie schooner heading west crowned by the word “Liberty” from the Declaration of Independence engraved to look like the original document’s handwritten script.
- A MAJESTIC EAGLE TAKES FLIGHT – For the second year in a row, the reverse design features a beautiful bald eagle extending its wings in flight, talons clutching an olive branch of peace. Designed by Patricia Lucas-Morris, this creation was one of the last sculpted by Don Everhart before his retirement.
- ANOTHER WEST POINT MASTERPIECE! – Struck at the renowned West Point Mint, each proof begins as a carefully prepared one-ounce planchet of 99.95% pure platinum. Then, using polished dies and multiple strikes, the artisans of the United States Mint transform each blank into a true work of art, exhibiting sharp, frosted details that hover over mirror-like surfaces.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 One-Ounce Platinum Eagle is 100 dollars United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin's reverse.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Platinum Eagle Liberty Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the its release. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core.
The second of a three-year arc, this 2019-W One-Ounce Platinum Eagle Liberty Proof is a must-have for any American Eagle collector. Click one to your cart before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||31.12 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|