Texas America the Beautiful Quarter Pays Tribute to Spanish Colonial Missions
The America the Beautiful (ATB) quarter series has proven extremely popular since it began back in 2010. For those who have been collecting from the start, each release has provided a new and exciting way to discover and appreciate all that America has to offer. For the 2019 release the U.S. Mint has boosted interest in the series to an all-new level!
To stimulate heightened awareness in coin collecting, the West Point Mint is striking 2 million America the Beautiful quarter dollars for each of the five sites designated for commemoration in 2019: Massachusetts, the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Texas and Idaho. These quarter dollars are the FIRST to bear the W Mint mark of the West Point Mint!
What’s more, the Mint produced 1.85 billion quarters for circulation in 2018, meaning that this special release from the West Point Mint amounts to less than 1% of the entire mintage! Plus, the coins were shipped to the Denver and Philadelphia Mints and then mixed with the production of those two mints and distributed at 29 other points across the county thereby spreading them far and wide.
It’s no stretch to say that the 2019-W quarters have created something of a frenzy among collectors and dealers who are eagerly searching through thousands upon thousands of coins in a nationwide treasure hunt for the elusive West Point coins. But have no fear – you don’t have to sift through the candy wrappers and paper clips in your pocket to find this year’s quarters; we’ve done all the work for you!
We’ve managed to rescue a small hoard of 2019’s Texas San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Quarter meant for circulation and had them certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), one of the world’s leading third-party grading services! And here’s the good news: Each coin available in this offer has been graded by NGC as being in stunning Gem Uncirculated Mint State-65 (MS65) condition! Plus, NGC has certified that each quarter available in this offer is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your quarter was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Your coin will also come encapsulated in an acrylic holder with an exclusive West Point Gold Star label.
The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in San Antonio, Texas is a perfect example of a coin that presents collectors with a scene of America’s history that would likely be overlooked otherwise. The coin depicts four quadrants symbolizing important functions of the Spanish missions: wheat for farming, arches & bell for community, a lion for Spanish culture, and the currents of the San Antonio River for irrigation. The quadrants are divided by a cross in a nod to the design of a vintage Spanish Colonial Real, often referred to as America’s First Silver Dollar.
As one of five America the Beautiful Coins that will be issued this year, the 2019 San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Quarter will be available for only so long. The grade and luster of coins like these will only decline further while they remain in general circulation. Add one to your collection now before it’s too late!
- FIRST-EVER QUARTER SERIES TO FEATURE “W’” MINT MARK – The 2019-W San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Quarter is the latest coin in U.S. Mint’s first-ever quarter series to feature the famous “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
- THE LATEST IN THE “AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL” SERIES – This 2019-W San Antonio Missions National Historical Park coin is the fourth issue of 2019 and the 49th overall in the America the Beautiful series, which began in 2010.
- STUNNING SYMBOLIC IMAGERY – The design depicts four quadrants symbolizing important functions of the Spanish missions: wheat for farming, arches & bell for community, a lion for Spanish culture, and the currents of the San Antonio River for irrigation. It also displays the words “SAN ANTONIO MISSIONS,” “TEXAS,” “2019” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Each America the Beautiful coin is twenty-five cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN STUNNING UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in stunning Gem Uncirculated Mint State-65 (MS65) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your America the Beautiful Quarter is a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come encapsulated in an acrylic holder with an exclusive West Point Gold Star label.