Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-W $5 Gold American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative PCGS PR69DCAM First Strike - Flag Label
Gold Commemorative Pays Tribute to American Legion’s 100th Anniversary
The American Legion started as an idea among members of the American Expeditionary Force still stationed in France after the close of World War I. This group of war-weary soldiers were concerned about the welfare of their comrades upon their return home. That first meeting was held in 1919 and today, a century later, the American Legion has grown to become the world’s largest veterans’ group with over 2 million members in more than 12,000 posts throughout the United States. To commemorate this important milestone in the organization’s history, the U.S. Mint is releasing a series of American Legion 100th Anniversary coins!
Now you can add one of these coins to your collection with this American Legion 100th Anniversary $5 Gold Coin. Struck in 8.359 grams of 90% fine gold at the West Point Mint, it features a pair of one-year-only designs that pay tribute to both the anniversary and the veterans’ group. The obverse commemorates the origins of the American Legion with an image of the Eiffel Tower and a “V” for victory to represent the formation of the organization in Paris. Around the rim of the coin is a geometric design taken from the American Legion emblem. The coin’s reverse shows a soaring American Eagle with the American Legion emblem depicted above the eagle.
Each coin in this offer has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Deep Cameo (PR69DC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, PCGS has certified your American Legion 100th Anniversary $5 Gold Proof to be a First Strike (FS) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special American Flag label.
Thanks to its tireless efforts to obtain benefits for all veterans, the American Legion is one of the nation's most effective interest groups. The group lists among its successes a bonus for World War I veterans, the passage of the G.I. Bill of Rights for World War II veterans, and its demand for medical and monetary benefits for veterans exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.
Make this commemorative coin one of your success stories. Show appreciation for our nation’s veterans and click one of these coins to your cart today!
- A TRIBUTE TO A CENTURY OF THE AMERICAN LEGION – The 100th Anniversary of the American Legion’s founding in Paris, France is celebrated on this gold coin featuring one-year-only designs.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE GOLD – Each American Legion 100th Anniversary Gold Coin was struck at the West Point Mint in 8.359 grams of highly-pure 90% fine gold.
- LEGAL-TENDER COMMEMORATIVE – These coins are $5 legal tender.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-W American Legion 100th Anniversary $5 Gold Coin has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Deep Cameo (PR69DC) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – PCGS has certified your American Legion 100th Anniversary $5 Gold Proof to be a First Strike (FS) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special American Flag label.
- LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The U.S. Mint is releasing just 50,000 of these American Legion 100th Anniversary $5 Gold Coins across all gold product options.
Don’t miss your chance to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by veterans and the steadfast organization that has been looking out for their welfare for the past century. Secure your 2019-W American Legion 100th Anniversary $5 Gold Proof today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Gold, Silver, Copper|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Strike|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||8.359 Grams - g|