Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-W Apollo 11 50th Anniversary $5 Gold NGC MS70 First Day of Issue - Moon Core with Mission Patch
U.S. Mint Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative $5 gold coin. Not just any gold coin, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Neil Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin.
The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 21.59 mm in diameter, the coin perfectly reveals every nuance of the intricate details. Struck in 8.359 grams of highly-pure 90% gold, your gold coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified your 2019-W $5 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold piece to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Your coin will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing in 1969 with a special Moon display core that resembles the Moon’s surface. Finally, you will also receive an Apollo 11 Mission Patch – the perfect complement to your coin!
With just 50,000 of these historic 2019-W $5 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold coins available in either proof or uncirculated condition, a quick sell-out is expected. In fact, the last time the U.S. Mint released a curved $5 gold coin dollar was the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative $5 gold coin Dollar. That coin had a mintage of 50,000 and sold out in just 5 days! As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Armstrong’s famous photo of Buzz in which Aldrin’s visor reflects an image of Armstrong standing beside the landing module. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE GOLD – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in 8.359 grams of highly pure 90% fine gold.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are five dollars legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019-W $5 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019-W $5 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coin to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin.
- EXCLUSIVE DISPLAY CORE – Your coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing in 1969 with a special Moon display core that resembles the Moon’s surface.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting this release to a combination of just 50,000 proof and uncirculated coins.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019-W $5 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coin. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Gold, Silver, Copper|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||8.359 Grams - g|