Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-W Gold American Eagle 12-Piece Set NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue - Black Core, Jones/Mercanti/Moy Signed Labels, Washington D.C.
Complete 2019 Gold Eagle Set Signed by a Trio of Coin World Legends!
Celebrating its 33rd anniversary in 2019, the American Eagle Gold Bullion Coin series is one of the most beloved of its kind. Artistically brilliant and perfectly collectible, each yearly release from the United States Mint commands the attention of buyers around the world. Especially desired are the magnificent proof-struck issues from the acclaimed West Point Mint in New York.
Traditionally, the annual amount of Gold Eagle Proofs struck is only a fraction of the number of uncirculated Gold Eagles produced each year at the Philadelphia Mint. Combine this limited mintage along with the Gold Eagle's elite status among collectors and you have a classic recipe for intense demand! Now, you not only have the chance to add every denomination Gold Eagle struck from the tenth-ounce $5 coin all the way up to the one-ounce $50 coin, but you can acquire an impressive set personally signed by a trio of coin world legends: Elizabeth Jones, John Mercanti and Edmund Moy!
This is a 12-piece match-graded set of Gold Eagles with one coin of each denomination signed by Elizabeth Jones, the 11th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint; another four signed by John Mercanti, the Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver; and a third group signed by Edmund Moy, the 38th Director of the U.S. Mint. That means you’ll be getting three sets of $5, $10, $25 and $50 Gold Eagle Proofs – one signed by Jones, a second signed by Mercanti, and a third signed by Moy!
In addition, your coins have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition a distinction that means each perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Your proofs will also carry a location designation of Washington, D.C. (WDC) as verified by NGC. That means that these coins were picked up at the United States Mint headquarters in Washington, D.C. on the very first day of issue!
- THE ULTIMATE SAINT-GAUDENS CREATION . . . – These Gold Eagle Proofs exhibit a stunning design of Lady Liberty walking forward with focus and purpose, torch in one hand and olive branch in the other. Originally introduced on the famous 1907 $20 Double Eagle and born from collaboration between Augustus Saint-Gaudens and Theodore Roosevelt, this design reveals beautifully intricate details (like the U.S. Capitol building in the distance) with each viewing.
- . . . PAIRED WITH A PATRIOTIC FAMILY! – Featuring a male bald eagle carrying an olive branch to his family, sculptor Miley Busiek's design for the reverse continues to serve as a perfect modern companion to Saint-Gaudens' vision.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – The craftspeople of West Point are known for their exceptional proof-minting artistry. Each hand-selected planchet of 91.67% pure gold is transformed into a work of art through multiple strikes from polished dies. In the end, each proof exhibits the Gold Eagle's time-honored designs with frosted, razor-sharp details that boldly rise from mirror-like fields.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Minted in gold mined in the United States with weight and content guaranteed by the U.S. government, each set includes the $5 tenth-ounce proof, $10 quarter-ounce proof, $25 half-ounce proof and $50 one-ounce proof.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your coins have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition a distinction that means each perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded these Gold Eagles to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
- UNIQUE DESIGNATION LABEL – Your proofs will also carry a location designation of Washington, D.C. (WDC) as verified by NGC. That means that these coins were picked up at the United States Mint headquarters in Washington, D.C. on the very first day of issue!
- AUTOGRAPHED LABELS! – Each Gold Eagle will also be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black core insert, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Inside that holder, you'll find another phenomenal feature – a label signed by a legend in the coin world. Four will be signed by Elizabeth Jones, the 11th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint; another four will be signed by John Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint; and a third set of four will be signed by Edmund Moy, the 38th Director of the U.S. Mint!
Don't wait, though – these collectors' favorites have been tremendously popular in the past, and we're expecting them to barely touch the shelves in our vaults before they're sent out again! Put one of these sets in your cart now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue, Jones Signed, Mercanti Signed, Moy Signed|
|Denomination||5.00, 10.00, 25.00, 50.00|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz, 1/4 Ounce - oz, 1/2 Ounce - oz, 1 Ounce - oz|