Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-S U.S. Silver Proof Set w/2019-W Reverse Proof Lincoln Cent NGC PF69 RD First Releases & Lincoln Label
2019 Silver Proof Set Gives Special Treatment to the Lincoln Cent’s 110th Anniversary
2019 Marks the 110th anniversary of the Lincoln Penny. First issued to mark the centennial anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln’s birth it was an instant success. The Lincoln Penny is now the longest-running design in United States Mint history! To pay tribute to the popular little coin, the United States Mint is releasing its 2019 Silver Proof Sets with not one, but TWO ground-breaking Firsts:
- The first is the silver content in the coins. In past years, seven of the proofs in this set were struck in 90% fine silver. But for 2019, each set includes the Roosevelt Dime, five new America the Beautiful Quarters™ and Kennedy Half Dollar struck in highly-pure 99.9% pure silver!
- The second new feature is the addition of a bonus coin: the first-ever Reverse Proof Lincoln Cent struck at the West Point Mint. It also marks the first time that the West Point Mint has ever struck a 1-cent coin!
To achieve a Reverse Proof effect, the dies and planchets are specially prepared so that multiple strikes result in frosty fields and shimmering details – the complete opposite of their traditional proof finish counterparts – and far more scarce! A good way to tell the difference is to imagine the difference between a photograph and its negative. When held right, a standard proof appears like a black-and-white photograph while a reverse proof takes on the appearance of its negative. The visual effect is remarkable!
The 2019-W Lincoln Cents available in this offer will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless proof will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, NGC has graded these pennies to be First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means these coins were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release.
Additionally, NGC has certified it as a Red (RD) penny, a designation that really locks down its status as a high-grade coin. Traditionally, a Red designation is applied to high-grade copper pennies that retain at least 95 percent of their original red color on their surfaces. NGC also used the RD designation for modern proof and Mint State pennies as well. The coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic capsule with an exclusive Lincoln label.
Altogether, you’ll get 11 of this year’s latest circulating coin designs with a stunning proof finish – including the coins listed above plus a 2019-S Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, and the new Native American Dollar coin celebrating American Indians in the U.S. Space Program. Each set includes:
- 2019-S Lincoln Cent
- 2019-S Jefferson Nickel
- 2019-S 99.9% pure silver Roosevelt Dime
- 2019-S 99.9% pure silver America the Beautiful Quarters™ featuring:
- Massachusetts’ Lowell National Historical Park
- Northern Mariana Islands’ American Memorial Par
- Guam’s War in the Pacific National Historical Park
- Texas’ San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
- Idaho’s Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness
- 2019-S 99.9% pure silver Kennedy Half-Dollar
- 2019-S Native American Dollar coin
- Original government packaging
- Official San Francisco Mint certificate of authenticity
- BONUS 2019-W Reverse Proof Lincoln Cent (packaged separately)
The ultimate in quality, beauty and value, proofs are double-struck under intense pressures to bring out their intricate details and dazzling luster. That’s why it’s no surprise that these annual sets are a perennial best seller – and a favorite of collectors new and old since they were first issued in 1992!
Every day, Americans exchange billions of dollars in small transactions, buying everything from lunch to newspapers with small coins that range in value from one cent to $1. The transactions are so much a part of people’s routines that they typically take for granted the coins used as mediums of exchange. This is unfortunate given the stunning artistry that goes into American currency, even in the smallest values. This 2019 U.S. Silver Proof Set gives collectors the chance to appreciate this artistry just as it was intended on coins with stunning proof finishes. Don’t wait – secure one or more for your collection now!
- FEATURING ALL COINS FOR CIRCULATION – This 2019-S U.S. Silver Proof Set consists of each of the ten coins to be released for circulation in 2019. This includes a Native American dollar and five America the Beautiful quarters.
- INCLUDES 2019-W REVERSE PROOF PENNY PROOF – Released to celebrate the 110th anniversary of the Lincoln Penny, this coin is the first-EVER Reverse Proof 1-cent coin ever struck at the West Point Mint. It will be packaged separately. It will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) First Releases (FR) Red (RD) condition and encapsulated in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Lincoln label.
- PHENOMENAL PROOF FINISHES – Each coin in the 2019-S U.S. Silver Proof Set has a stunning proof finish that brings out every detail in its design.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each coin in this set is legal tender in the United States. Five of the coins are America the Beautiful quarters. The others are a dollar, a half dollar, a dime, a nickel, and a penny.
- ORIGINAL MINT PACKAGING – These coins come in their original packaging from the U.S. Mint. This includes two display pieces, one of which is used for the quarters and the other of which is used for the other coins.
- ONE YEAR ONLY MINTAGE – This set will only be struck in 2019. After that, it will never again be issued.
If you are looking for a way to appreciate the stunning, often overlooked designs of America’s circulated coinage, don’t miss your chance to own this 2019 U.S. Silver Proof Set. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||31.07 Grams - g|