Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-W $25 1-oz Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof NGC PF70 Early Releases w/Black Core & Weinman Label
FIRST-EVER Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proofs!
Ever since 2017 when the Palladium American Eagle joined its gold, silver & platinum brothers to become the U.S. Mint’s fourth precious metal in its flock of Eagle bullion coins, the response has been nothing short of staggering. Each year’s release has seen collectors clogging The Mint’s website causing sell-outs that can be measured in minutes! For the 2019 release, The Mint is taking the palladium series a step further with the First-Ever One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof!
A Reverse Proof is like a regular proof except that regular proofs feature frosted details rising over mirror-like fields and Reverse Proof are just the opposite with mirror-like details rising over frosted fields. The effect is entirely unique and one collectors really enjoy. And, in addition to the exquisite beauty of palladium, these coins also feature time-honored designs created more than a century ago by Adolph A. Weinman, a noted sculptor who was also a student of the legendary Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- The coin’s obverse features the iconic design from the “Mercury Dime” Winged Liberty. Struck from 1916-1945, the universally acclaimed Mercury Dime is today considered to be one of the most beautiful American coins ever struck by the U.S. Mint. The wings depicted on Miss Liberty’s head were supposed to represent freedom of thought, but for most people it looked like a depiction of the Roman god Mercury and the nickname stuck.
- The coin’s reverse features the design Weinman originally used for the 1907 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Gold Medal – a majestic American Eagle perched on a stone outcropping holding an olive branch. The AIA Gold Medal is the highest honor awarded by the AIA each year and was presented for the first time in 1907 with Weinman’s design. The U.S. Mint’s Palladium Eagle series is the first time this design has appeared on a United States coin!
These One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proofs were beautifully struck at the West Point Mint and at 34 mm in diameter, the coin is larger than a U.S. Half-Dollar and nearly twice the size of the Mercury Dimes that circulated during the Roaring Twenties, Great Depression and World War II. The larger size vividly showcases these brilliant designs in a way that certainly does them justice. In fact, to make this coin possible, the U.S. Mint worked with the AIA to use the original plaster of the AIA Gold Medal to create the dies for the Palladium Eagle series.
Your 2019-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your flawless proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified this Palladium Eagle Reverse Proof to be an Early Releases (ER) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive label featuring Adolph A. Weinman.
Don’t wait to secure your 2019-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof. With an edition of just 30,000 coins, these first-ever proofs already have anxious collectors around the world eagerly queuing up to own one. Order yours now!
- FIRST-EVER AMERICAN EAGLE PALLADIUM REVERSE PROOF – In 2017, The U.S. Mint introduced a One-Ounce Palladium Eagle bullion coin followed by a collector version proof coin in 2018. In 2019, for the first time, The Mint is releasing One-Ounce Palladium Eagle Reverse Proof coins.
- ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN DESIGNS – The 2019-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof features the same design used on America’s “Mercury Dime” struck form 1916-1945. The beloved image was designed by German-born American sculptor Adolph A. Weinman and was named for the image of a Winged Liberty Head that looks like the Roman god Mercury. The coin’s reverse features Weinman’s design that was used for the 1907 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Gold Medal.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE PALLADIUM – These American Eagle Palladium Reverse Proofs were struck at the West Point Mint in a full ounce of 99.95% palladium. One of the world’s rarest metals, palladium is a silver-colored precious metal that is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation.
- LEGAL-TENDER U.S. COINS – Each American Eagle Palladium Reverse Proof is $25 legal tender and measures 34 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT REVERSE PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY EARLY RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified this Palladium Eagle Reverse Proof to be an Early Releases (ER) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive label featuring Adolph A. Weinman.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint has set the worldwide limited edition for this first-ever Palladium Reverse Proof American Eagle coin at just 30,000!
The first-ever American Eagle One-Ounce Palladium reverse Proof is sure to be a hit with collectors so click one – or more – to your cart now while you still can!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||31.12 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|