Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 $25 1/2-oz Gold American Eagle NGC MS70 First Releases w/Eagle Label
Another Spectacular Year of a Collector Favorite!
Out of the many things we’ve learned in millennia of human experience, one thing is obvious – gold endures. Whether it’s used in commerce or kept away in vaults, the value and craftsmanship of gold coinage lives from generation to generation. This timeless endurance is why, after South Africa’s Gold Krugerrand was introduced in 1967 and China’s Gold Panda made its debut in 1982, it was absolutely inevitable that the United States would establish its own bullion coin for the ages.
Authorized by Congress and signed into law by President Ronald Reagan in 1986, the Gold Eagle Program would quickly establish itself as a global standard for bullion that is artistically rich, perfectly collectible and thoroughly American. Celebrating its 34th anniversary in 2020, the Twenty-Five Dollar Half-Ounce Gold Eagle has returned with its beloved, time-honored design!
Each 2020 Half-Ounce Gold Eagle available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified your Gold Eagle to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the coin’s release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core and exclusive Bald Eagle label.
- THE ULTIMATE SAINT-GAUDENS CREATION . . .—These Half-Ounce Gold Eagles exhibit a stunning design of Lady Liberty walking forward with focus and purpose, torch in one hand and olive branch in the other. Originally introduced on the famous 1907 $20 Double Eagle and born from collaboration between Augustus Saint-Gaudens and Theodore Roosevelt, this design reveals beautifully intricate details (like the U.S. Capitol building in the distance) with each viewing.
- . . . PAIRED WITH A PATRIOTIC FAMILY! – Featuring a male bald eagle carrying an olive branch to his family, sculptor Miley Busiek's design for the reverse continues to serve as a perfect modern companion to Saint-Gaudens’ vision.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each half-ounce planchet of 91.67% fine gold into a breathtaking work of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Minted in gold mined in the United States with weight and content guaranteed by the U.S. government, each 2020 Half-Ounce Gold Eagle bullion coin is twenty-five dollars U.S. legal tender, as seen on the coin’s reverse.
- GRADED PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 Half-Ounce Gold Eagle has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Gold Eagle to be a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core and exclusive Bald Eagle label.
The general public can’t purchase 2020 Half-Ounce Gold Eagles like these directly from the U.S. Mint. Only approved bullion distributors can buy them directly from the source. Fortunately, GovMint.com is your connection to buy these beautiful bullion coins! But don’t wait too long – this popular series is a perennial hit with collectors and goldbugs alike. Make these Gold Eagles part of your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Coin Weight||16.97 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|