Double Your Luck with Australia’s Newest Dragon Coin
Unlike the malevolent Western dragons that used to roam Europe kidnapping fair maidens, battling brave knights, and laying waste to entire villages; the Chinese or Eastern dragon was — and still is — a sign of wealth and good fortune. The emperors of China believed they were descendants of a dragon and regarded the creature as a symbol of power and royal dignity. Supremely intelligent, Chinese dragons are always in the pursuit of knowledge as represented by a flaming pearl of wisdom.
Thanks to Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint, you, too, can hold the flaming pearl of wisdom in your hand along with a pair of dragons with this intricately designed coin stuck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver. The two dragons curve around the rim of the coin in a perpetual quest for the knowledge brought forth by the pearl. The detail is so exquisite that you can see every scale on their long slender bodies.
Your 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that your proof is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a black display core and an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
Besides being the bearer of good news, Chinese dragons differ from their Western counterparts in other ways. According to Chinese folklore, a dragon is the combination of nine animals. It has the eyes of a lobster, horns of deer, mouth of an ox, nose of a canine, whiskers of catfish, mane of a lion, tail of a snake, scales of a fish and claws of an eagle. And even though they don’t have wings like the fire-breathing terrors that blazed a path of destruction across medieval Europe, Chinese dragons can still fly across the sky where they use their mysterious powers to control the weather, wind and rain.
This engaging $1 legal-tender proof coin is limited to a maximum worldwide edition of just 2,500. With its dragon theme, you can bet collectors in the Asian markets will try to grab as many of these coins as they can. Don’t get left high and dry; secure one of these magnificent 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon Coins today!
- AUSPICIOUS DOUBLE DRAGON DESIGN – This coin features not one, but TWO dragons circling the Pearl of Wisdom. In Chinese culture the dragon is a symbol of luck and power. Two dragons are even more auspicious. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Silver Double Dragon was struck by the artisans at The Perth Mint in one full ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN AUSTRALIA – These 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon coins are $1 legal tender in Australia and measure 40.9 mm in diameter.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your proof is a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come encapsulated with a black display core and an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The maximum worldwide edition limit for this proof coin has been set at just 2,500.
Fans of Australia’s Phoenix and Dragon coins are sure to love this latest release from the Perth Mint. Double your luck with the 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon Proof. Click one to your cart today!