Third Year of Perth Mint’s Silver Dragon Bars
Holding a preeminent place in Chinese culture, the dragon looms large over such things as terrain, life, and energy. Some believe that he brings the waters of rain, the warmth of sunshine, water, and earth. Some even say that the mountains, valleys, rivers, buildings, and highways correlate to the creature’s head, claws, tail, veins. For centuries, even the Chinese emperors referred to themselves as “dragons.”
Now, the Perth Mint has introduced the third release in its first ever rectangular coin series with the 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar. Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver, the new coin features a pair of traditional Eastern dragons on the reverse chasing the flaming Pearl of Wisdom. The Perth Mint’s famous “P” mintmark can be seen in the lower left corner. The coin’s weight, fineness, denomination and 2020 year date are shown on the obverse along with an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
Each Chinese Dragon Bar available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that this piece is a First Releases (FR) silver bar, a designation that means these silver bars were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release.
Chinese-themed coins are among the most popular targets of countless collectors around the world. From ancient symbols to lunar animals, the coins make for convenient and affordable collections and bring with them ancient lore and tradition. It is fitting, then, that the Perth Mint decided to make the Chinese dragon the theme of its first ever rectangular coin series. With just 3,888 authorized for worldwide release, however, these vars will not last long. Order your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar in Proof condition today and share in the celebration of Chinese culture!
- THIRD RELEASE IN AUSTRALIA’S DRAGON BAR SERIES – This 2020 Australian Silver Dragon Bar is the third release in the Perth Mint’s first-ever rectangular coin series.
- HONORING A KEY CREATURE FROM CHINESE CULTURE – The dragon is an extremely important figure in Chinese culture, not only appearing in multiple forms of symbolism but also appearing frequently in ceremonies and celebrations.
- FOUR NINE FINE SILVER – Each Dragon Bar was struck from one ounce of 99.99% pure silver at the Perth Mint. The mint’s “P” mint mark, which has become a symbol of quality, is on the lower left corner of the reverse.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Every 2020 Australia Silver Dragon Bar is $1 legal tender in Australia and measures 47.6 mm x 27.6mm.
- PERFFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your Chinese Dragon Bar was graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that this piece is a First Releases (FR) silver bar, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this 2020 Australia Silver Dragon Bar in Proof condition has been set at just 3,888.
From coins and costumes to gifts and art, the dragon’s importance in Chinese culture is visible in countless forms. Now it’s visible on this 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar. Click one to your cart today!