Australia’s 2020 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Is Coming In Hot!
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. It was the very first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint to create a legal-tender coin. Since then, Mercanti’s skill in design and engraving combined with the Perth Mint’s exceptional production quality has given flight to what has since become a beloved series the world over.
Close-Up View On 2020’s One-Year-Only Design
The Mercanti-Perth Mint partnership continues in 2020 with the release of a new one-year-only design that is sure to appeal to collectors. This 2020 release presents Mercanti’s fifth design of the series. This one-year-only reverse displays a close-up of the wedge-tailed eagle as it swoops in on its prey. The design pays particular attention to the detail in the eagle’s face and talons, displaying its grim determination in the midst of the hunt. Struck in fantastic high relief, this gorgeous coin measures 65.6 mm in diameter and features a magnificent design that celebrates Australia's largest bird of prey — a design that could have originated only through the brilliant talents of John Mercanti.
Magnificent High-Grade, Low-Mintage Proof
Each coin begins as a hand-selected ten-ounce planchet of highly pure 99.99% fine silver. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint strike each coin as only they can. When you turn this coin over in your hand and marvel at its beauty, you’ll understand why the Perth Mint’s reputation for innovation and producing coins of superior quality is unsurpassed.
Your 2020 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified that your proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
Signed by the Legendary John Mercanti
Finally, this Wedge-Tailed Eagle Silver Proof will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by John Mercanti! The U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver, Mercanti is a giant in the numismatic world and has produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history.
With a mintage of only 500, you will need act fast to capture your 2020 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver Proof. Since taking flight, this series has been immensely popular, so order yours now because these Eagles may not be around for long. Click one to your cart today!
- NEW ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – 2020’s Wedge-Tailed Eagle features former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti’s fifth design in the series, a close-up view of a Wedge-Tailed Eagle swooping in on its prey. A regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle coin available in this offer was struck in ten ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 65.6 mm in diameter.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2020 Ten-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is $10 Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse including the coin's silver content, the year 2020 and the signature “P” mintmark.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your 2020 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver Proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue
- SIGNED BY JOHN MERCANTI – Your Wedge-Tailed Eagle Silver Proof will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by the coin’s designer — John Mercanti!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagle coins at exactly 500!
That's right — there’s only 500 of these coins for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this stunning silver coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we’re expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don’t wait another moment — add this 2020 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof to your collection today!
For more information, click here: https://www.govmint.com/2020wedgetailed