Two World-Famous Mints, One Historic Set
For the first time in history, the United States Mint and Great Britain’s Royal Mint have come together to jointly release sets of gold and silver products. These sets commemorate the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower’s historic voyage from Plymouth, England to the New World.
This Royal Mint-issued set contains two pieces: a quarter-ounce, 99.99% pure gold £25 coin from The Royal Mint, and a quarter-ounce, 99.99% pure gold $10 coin from the U.S. Mint. Both pieces come in Proof condition, with frosty devices and mirrored fields.
From England to the New World
The reverse of the Royal Mint coin depicts the Mayflower at full sail, with mayflower blossoms to either side. The obverse
depicts Queen Elizabeth II. The U.S. Mint coin pairs an obverse featuring a Native American Wampanoag family sighting the Mayflower with a reverse showing dual profiles of a Mayflower couple. Both pieces were crafted by U.S. Mint designer Chris Costello. This marks the first time ever that The Royal Mint has issued a coin designed by a U.S. Mint designer!
Certified Flawless and First Releases by NGC
Both pieces will arrive graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has also certified that these proofs are First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means these pieces were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
What’s more, each coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by U.S. Mint designer Chris Costello. Since 2010, Costello has worked with the U.S. Mint as an Artistic Infusion Program artist and is credited with more than 20 coin and medal designs. In 2019, he received a Coin of the Year Award for best gold coin and continues to contribute innovative designs for America’s coin and medal programs.
This set is incredibly limited, with just 5,350 sets struck. Of that limited mintage, just 500 are being issued by The Royal Mint. Even fewer are available certified by NGC as PF70UC and First Releases with hand-signed labels. Each set will also come beautifully housed in a deluxe presentation box featuring British and American flags.
Don’t miss out on this first-ever opportunity. Click the 2020 Great Britain/U.S. Quarter-Ounce Gold Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER RELEASE – This release marks the first time ever that The Royal Mint has issued a coin designed by a U.S. Mint designer.
- TRIBUTE TO THE MAYFLOWER – This set pays tribute to the 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower’s voyage from England to America. Designs include images of the Mayflower, Native Americans and Pilgrims. Each piece features the dual dates of 1620 and 2020.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each coin in this set has been struck in a quarter ounce of 99.99% pure gold.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are legal tender with the Royal Mint coin bearing a denomination of £25 and the U.S. Mint coin bearing a denomination of $10.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2020 Great Britain/U.S. Quarter-Ounce Gold Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has also certified that these proofs are First Releases (FR) coins, meaning that they were among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- HAND-SIGNED BY COIN DESIGNER – These coins will come in acrylic holders and encapsulated with exclusive labels signed by U.S. Mint designer Chris Costello, the artist responsible for the designs on these coins.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The 2020 Great Britain/U.S. Quarter-Ounce Gold Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set is limited to just 5,350 sets, with just 500 issued by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving with the 2020 Great Britain/U.S. Quarter-Ounce Gold Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set. Order yours now!
For more information, click here: https://www.govmint.com/2020mayflower