Two World-Famous Mints, One Historic Set
For the first time in history, the United States Mint and Great Britain’s Royal Mint have come together to jointly release sets of gold and silver products. These sets commemorate the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower’s historic voyage from Plymouth, England to the New World.
This Royal Mint-issued set contains two pieces: a one-ounce, highly pure 99.9% fine silver £2 coin from The Royal Mint, and a one-ounce, highly pure 99.99% fine silver medal from the U.S. Mint. Both pieces come in Proof condition, with frosty devices and mirrored fields.
From England to the New World
The reverse of the Royal Mint coin depicts the Mayflower at full sail, with mayflower blossoms to either side. The obverse depicts Queen Elizabeth II. The U.S. Mint coin pairs a reverse featuring an image of a Native American Wampanoag couple planting crops with an obverse showing a newly arrived Pilgrim couple with the Mayflower in the background. Both pieces were crafted by U.S. Mint designer Chris Costello. This marks the first time ever that The Royal Mint has issued a coin designed by a U.S. Mint designer!
Certified Flawless and First Releases by NGC
Both pieces will arrive graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has also certified that these proofs are First Releases (FR), a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Collectors seek out these releases like this because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
What’s more, each piece has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by U.S. Mint designer Chris Costello. Since 2010, Costello has worked with the U.S. Mint as an Artistic Infusion Program artist and is credited with more than 20 coin and medal designs. In 2019, he received a Coin of the Year Award for best silver coin and continues to contribute innovative designs for America’s coin and medal programs.
This set is incredibly limited, with just 14,200 sets struck. Of that limited mintage, just 5,000 are being issued by The Royal Mint. Even fewer are available certified by NGC as PF70UC and First Releases with hand-signed labels. Each set will also come beautifully housed in a deluxe presentation box featuring British and American flags.
Don’t miss out on this first-ever opportunity. Click the 2020 Great Britain/U.S. One-Ounce Silver Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER RELEASE – This release marks the first time ever that The Royal Mint has issued a coin designed by a U.S. Mint designer.
- TRIBUTE TO THE MAYFLOWER – This set pays tribute to the 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower’s voyage from England to America. Designs include images of the Mayflower, Native Americans and Pilgrims.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The Royal Mint coin was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and the U.S. Mint medal weas struck in an ounce of 99.99% fine silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – The coins in this set from the Royal Mint coin is £2 (two pounds) legal tender while the piece from the U.S. Mint is a medal and bears no denomination.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 2020 Great Britain/U.S. One-Ounce Silver Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has also certified that these proofs are First Releases (FR), meaning that they were among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- HAND-SIGNED BY COIN DESIGNER – These pieces will come in acrylic holders and encapsulated with exclusive labels signed by U.S. Mint designer Chris Costello, the artist responsible for the designs on these coins.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The 2020 Great Britain/U.S. One-Ounce Silver Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set is limited to just 14,200 sets, with just 5,000 issued by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving with the 2020 Great Britain/U.S. One-Ounce Silver Mayflower 400th Anniversary Two-Piece Set. Order yours now!
For more information, click her: https://www.govmint.com/2020mayflower