Let this Ultra High Relief Silver Water Buffalo Coin Migrate Its Way Into Your Collection!
Long before Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble joined the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo Lodge, REAL Water Buffalos stalked the grassy plains of sub-Saharan Africa. But unlike Fred and Barney’s harmless animals, these buffalos are killers. Known as “Black Death” to the indigenous people who live side by side with these brutes, African Cape Buffalos can be extremely dangerous. In fact, it’s believed more big game hunters have been killed by Africa’s Cape Buffalo than any other animal on the continent. The statistics back it up, too, with more than 200 people killed every year by these gargantuan beasts.
So, if you happen to find yourself on safari in Africa and you see one of these 2,000-pound behemoths, keep an eye on it. When angry, it will circle and stalk its prey, just waiting for the perfect moment to tear you apart with its massive, thick horns. While you’ll want to avoid these ornery critters if you can, you won’t want to avoid this coin with its dynamic image of the massive Buffalo in Ultra High Relief. Not only does the robust image of an African Water Buffalo rise from the surface of this coin, but the intricate and life-like design depicts the African savannah stretching out behind him while on his back rests an oxpecker, a symbiotic bird that feasts on the fleas and ticks that settle into the buffalo’s coat.
The fifth and final release in the Ivory Coast’s Big 5 coin series of African animals, this 2020-dated Water Buffalo Ultra High Relief Coin was struck in five full ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver. Thanks to the incredible ultra high relief detail and special antiqued finish, the effect is extraordinary on this 50 mm coin! This series has proven to be so popular that the previous editions – the 2016 Lion, 2017 Elephant, 2018 Leopard and 2019 Rhino — are among our customers’ most frequently asked-for coins!
This legal-tender 5000 Francs coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Africa label.
In addition, NGC has certified that your Silver Water Buffalo is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
With just 999 of these superb coins available for worldwide release, the time to act is now! A Water Buffalo may be a cantankerous old soul with an angry disposition, but the only thing that will make you angry about this coin is if you miss out on bagging one. Our supply will not last long so click one to your cart now!
- INCREDIBLE HIGH RELIEF DESIGN – The fifth and final coin in the Big 5 series of African animal coins, the face of the Water Buffalo is depicted as an intricate, life-like image staring straight out from the coin’s surface. Thanks to the ultra high relief and special antiqued finish, the effect is extraordinary! The coin’s obverse features the Coat of Arms for the Ivory Coast.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Ivory Coast Silver Water Buffalo Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coin has been struck in five ounces of 99.9% silver and measures 50 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – These Five-Ounce Silver Water Buffalo Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coins are 5000 Francs legal tender in the Ivory Coast, a country located on the west coast of Africa between Ghana, Guinea and Liberia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 Ivory Coast Five-Ounce Silver Water Buffalo Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Silver Water Buffalo is a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Africa label.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at just 999. Plus, each coin has its own unique mintage number etched onto its edge.
Despite its cattle-like qualities and appearance, Africa’s Water Buffalo is a dangerous brute of a beast to mess with — that is, of course, unless it’s one of these 2020 Ivory Coast Five-Ounce Silver Water Buffalo Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coins. Order yours today!