Vermont’s Majestic Forests Stand Tall on This America the Beautiful Coin
The U.S. Mint’s celebrated America the Beautiful Quarters® series continues its epic run in 2020 with the release of the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park Quarter struck as a gigantic coin in five ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver! Measuring an incredible 76.2 mm in diameter, this coin is nearly twice the size of an American Silver Eagle!
New America The Beautiful Quarter Design:
The America the Beautiful series has proven extremely popular since it began back in 2010. For those who have been collecting from the start, each release has provided a new and exciting way to discover and appreciate all that America has to offer. The Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park in Vermont is a perfect example of a coin that presents collectors with a scene of America’s beauty that would likely be overlooked otherwise. It depicts a young girl planting a Norway spruce seedling. The design is meant to be symbolic of the life cycle of the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park’s forest with the youngster a representation of a conservationist working to maintain a sustainable forest.
Unique Specimen Finish
In addition to its size and silver content, this coin is remarkable for its stunning Specimen (SP) finish. The smooth satin-like matte finish was produced by a post-strike vapor-blast process. The method is similar to sand blasting but instead of using compressed air, the U.S. Mint utilizes special automated equipment and a compressed mixture of water vapor and ceramic media to produce the unique matte finish.
Certified High-Grade Gold America the Beautiful Coins
In addition, each 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park coin available in this offer has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in stunning Specimen-70 (SP70) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded coins have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Plus, PCGS has certified that these are all First Strike (FS) coins, a designation that means that these coins were received by PCGS or an PCGS-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special American Flag label.
About the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
The Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park in Vermont is the only national park dedicated to telling the story of conservation history and the evolving nature of land stewardship in America. The coin pays tribute to a series of three owners of the land. It was the boyhood home of George Perkins Marsh, one of America’s first conservationists. It was later purchased by Frederick Billings, who established a progressive dairy farm and created a managed forest system there. Finally, it was owned by Billings’ granddaughter, Mary French Rockefeller and her husband Laurence. The Rockefellers continued the conservation practices there before donating the land to the federal government.
Although the America the Beautiful collection is considered bullion, its five releases every year mean that each new release is only available for so long, so add this Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) Five Ounce Silver Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park coin to your collection before it’s too late!
- THE LATEST IN THE “AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL” SERIES – This 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park coin is the fourth issue of 2020 and the 54th overall in the America the Beautiful series, which began in 2010.
- STUNNING NATURAL SCENERY – The design features a young girl planting a Norway spruce seedling. It also displays the words “LAND STEWARDSHIP,” “MARSH-BILLINGS-ROCKEFELLER,” “VERMONT,” “2020” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- A SERIES OF FIRSTS – Each coin in this offer was struck at the Philadelphia Mint in five ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver. And, at 3 inches in diameter, they are the largest ever quarter coins ever struck.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Each America the Beautiful coin is twenty-five cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT SPECIMEN CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in perfect Specimen-70 (SP70) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – PCGS has certified your 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park Specimen coin to be a First Strike (FS) issue. It will come in an acrylic holder with an American Flag label.