Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 Solomon Islands $5 1-oz Silver Father Frost Colorized Oval Proof
Meet the Russian Santa Claus
In Russia, there is no jolly fat man in a red suit enjoying a bottle of soda at Christmastime. Instead there’s Father Frost. But when the Bolsheviks violently seized power, one of the first things they banished was Christmas. Talk about a bunch of Grinches! Among the symbols of Christmas, they exiled was Father Frost. Known as Ded Moroz, the Communists regarded him as a silly children’s god. Proving that you can’t keep a good man down, this Russian version of Santa Claus was welcomed back by the Soviets in the late 1930s appearing in public New Year’s celebrations and where he was given credit for leaving presents under fir trees each New Year’s Eve for Russian children to find in the morning.
Father Frost is not only the Slavic version of Santa Claus, he’s also the symbol of Russian Winter. And now he’s also the star on the latest addition to the Solomon Islands’ popular Matryoshka Doll coin series. This unique, oval-shaped proof features a dazzling depiction of the Russian folk hero in full color. With his long white beard, fur-lined mittens & coat and ever-present crystal pikestaff, the image effectively captures the indefatigable spirt of Father Frost. It’s a frosty coin that’s sure to warm anyone’s heart!
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver, this legal-tender $5 coin also comes in gorgeous proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. What’s more, this spectacular coin also comes with a pair of Matryoshka Dolls! Open one up and inside you’ll find another. Open that one up and there you’ll find your Father Frost Proof!
The limited edition for these fabulous proof coins was frozen at just 5,000 with no more to come. Not only is that an incredibly small mintage, but it’s already been announced as being totally sold out! Perfect for gift-giving this holiday season, don’t wait much longer to order one of these coins or you’ll be left out in the cold!
- COLORFUL TRIBUTE TO RUSSIA’S SANTA CLAUS – The latest addition to the Solomon Islands Matryoshka Doll coin series, this unique oval-shaped proof features dazzling color to accentuate its depiction of Father Frost, the Russian version of Santa Claus. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Solomon Silver Father Frost Colorized Oval Proof was struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 45mm x 30 mm.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – These 2020 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Father Frost Colorized Oval Proofs are $5 legal tender in the Solomon Islands, a nation comprised of hundreds of islands located in the South Pacific Ocean.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Father Frost Colorized Oval Proof was crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION SOLD OUT AT THE MINT – The edition limit for the 2020 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Father Frost Colorized Oval Proof is just 5,000 – and they have been announced as a complete sell-out.
- EXQUISITE MATRYOSHKA DOLL PACKAGING – Your proof will come housed inside two colorful Matryoshka Dolls that mimic the design displayed on the coin.
These 2020 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Father Frost Colorized Oval Proofs are cooler than a Russian winter! With the entire mintage announced as being sold out, the time to get one is now before the rest of these coins melt away.
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|
|Dimensions||45 x 30 mm|