The 2021 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Strikes!
In 2019, Australia’s Wedge-Tailed Eagle soared through the skies looking for its next meal. In 2020, it dove, talons out, ready to capture its prey. And now in 2021, it’s mealtime! This latest design from John Mercanti, 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint, shows Australia’s largest bird of prey snatching up a snake in its claws.
New Mercanti’s Design Is An Instant Classic
Like past year’s releases, this 2021-dated coin is struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% fine silver. It continues the series of the Perth Mint’s modern-day masterpieces with a Mercanti design that bears a similarity to Mexico’s classic Libertad Coin, only that coin features an eagle with a snake in its beak while this coin shows and even mightier-looking eagle clutching a snake in its vice-like talons. The image is truly the prefect blend of design, precious metal and collector appeal. Plus, each coin available in this offer comes in gorgeous Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with razor-sharp details as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint!
Previous Year’s Releases Are Sold Out at the Mint
The maximum worldwide mintage for this spectacular release has been set at just 50,000 — the same limited edition as the previous coins issued from 2018 to 2020 — mintages that are completely sold out at the mint! And, unless you can afford to travel all the way to Australia, the only place to secure one of these coins, is through GovMint and its marketing partners since we have the worldwide distribution rights outside of Australia!
This series has become a personal favorite of collectors around the world, both for the incredible Mercanti designs and its numismatic importance as the first-ever collaboration between a former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver and a foreign world mint. There’s still time to get on board the international phenomenon that is Australia’s Wedge-Tailed Eagle program. Click one — or several — of these pure silver coins to your collection and soar with the Eagle from Down Under!
- NEW ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The 2021 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle’s new one-year-only design is the creation of former United States Chief Engraver John Mercanti and depicts a close-up of Australia’s largest bird of prey as it to dive to snare a snake in its talons for its next meal. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Wedge-Tailed Eagle was struck by Australia’s famed Perth Mint in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COIN RELEASE – These coins are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GLEAMING BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE RELEASE – The Perth Mint has set a maximum mintage of just 50,000 for these coins — and GovMint and its marketing partners have the distribution rights for all the coins released outside Australia.
Australia’s 2021 Wedge-Tailed Eagle is ready to spread its wings in your collection. Make sure you don’t miss out — reserve yours now while you still can!