Unique “Domed” Proof Honors the Year of the Ox
Standing around 10 feet tall, the statue of Babe the Blue Ox in Bemidji, Minnesota trails only Mount Rushmore as the most photographed statue in the United States. Built in 1937, the famous roadside attraction has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1988. But now Babe has competition for the title of World’s Most Famous Ox thanks to the latest release in the Royal Australian Mint’s Lunar Series that pays tribute to 2021 being the Year of the Ox.
The Ox is the second sign of the Chinese Zodiac, a 12-year lunar calendar that predicts one’s skills, character traits and destiny in life, love and happiness. According to the Zodiac, people born in the year of the Ox are said to be persistent, stubborn, honest, moody and quick-tempered. And now, those lucky enough to have heard about this offer can be first in line to secure this exciting Lunar Year of the Ox coin!
Symbolism of the Ox
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver, this one-year-only release is a unique concave domed coin that depicts an alert and powerful ox trotting along below a canopy of willow branches. The Chinese symbol for “Ox” is engraved above the ox beside the words YEAR OF THE OX along with the coin’s weight and metal purity. The ox has been a tremendously important animal for agricultural in China since ancient times. In some Chinese folk tales, willow branches are effective at driving away ghosts and evil spirits. Not so much a good luck charm, they’re useful in preventing bad luck. Many people today also use willow branches to predict the weather. They place willow branches under the eaves of their homes: green wicker means they’re in store for a rainy day, and dry wicker predicts a sunny day. The coin’s convex obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by a circle comprised of the 12 animals of the Chinse zodiac.
This $5 legal-tender 2021 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Ox Domed Coin also comes in fabulous proof condition, meaning that it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. In fact, each coin available here has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified that these proofs are First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the coin’s release. Each will also come accompanied by its original government packaging from the mint consisting of a clamshell case & an illustrated shipper and a mint-issued Certificate of Authenticity.
Just 7,500 of these awesome proofs will ever be struck for worldwide release, so if you’re an Ox, know someone born during the year of the Ox, or just want to add a fabulous coin to your collection, then this coin is for you!
- THE YEAR OF THE OX – This one-year-only release depicts an ox below willow branches with the Chinese symbol for “Ox” engraved below besides the words YEAR OF THE OX and the coin’s weight and metal purity. The obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by a circle comprised of the 12 animals of the Chinse zodiac.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2021 Australia Silver Lunar Year of the Ox Dome Proof was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 39.62 mm in diameter.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2021 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Ox Dome Proofs are $5 legal tender in Australia.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Ox Dome Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that this proof is a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide limited edition for this proof has been set at just 7,500 and each coin in this offer comes in its original government packaging from the Royal Australian Mint.
With just 7,500 of these spectacular, one-year-only 2021 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Ox Dome-shaped Proofs available for the entire world, this unique Chinese Zodiac-themed release will go quickly so reserve yours now!