Stunning Gold from the Royal Canadian Mint!
The distinctive image of a maple leaf has been Canada’s identifying image since the 1700s. Standing front and center on the Canadian flag since 1965, it signifies pride, connection and community. The maple leaf is also the namesake of the country's signature gold bullion coin. Since its introduction in 1979, the Gold Maple Leaf has become one of the world’s most iconic and instantly recognizable coins. The acute attention to detail on these coins is simply unparalleled! Now you can start or add to your collection of Maple Leaf coins by bringing home the 2021 installment of this beloved series!
Iconic Design Returns For a 42nd Year
Struck at the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint in a troy ounce of 99.99% pure gold, the Gold Maple Leaf earns its name from the incredibly detailed maple leaf that graces its reverse. In addition to the maple leaf, the word “CANADA” arches over the image, while the coin’s purity, “9999,” is inscribed on both sides of the leaf. An inscription along the bottom half of the rim reads, “FINE GOLD 1 OZ ARGENT PUR.” A background finish of radial line serves to thwart any would-be counterfeiters, as does a micro-engraved mint mark — a small leaf, engraved with the number “21”— that provides further security. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the “50 DOLLARS” legal-tender denomination and the 2021 year date.
Impressive High-Grade Maple Leafs From the Start of the Run
Each 2021 Canada One-Ounce Gold Maple Leaf in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means these almost-flawless coins showcase impressive full strikes and indistinguishable imperfections — well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, each has received an application of the MintShield™ — the first and only proven solution for reducing unsightly white or “milk” spots on gold bullion coins and a proprietary advancement developed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
NGC has also certified that these Gold Maple Leafs are First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive Canada label.
Whether you’re an avid Gold Maple Leaf collector, a dedicated gold stacker, or someone who just loves collecting anything Canadian, this deal is for you! Add one — or several — of these beauties to your cart today!
- SINGULAR, ICONIC DESIGN – Celebrating its 42nd anniversary, the 2021 Gold Maple Leaf’s primary design is still as lifelike as ever. One leaf, exhibiting superior texture and detail, is surrounded by a vivid burst of radial lines.
- ADVANCED ANTI-FORGERY PROTECTION – Look below the coin's centerpiece and you'll discover another smaller leaf, micro-engraved with the number “21.” Along with the Maple Leaf's textured background, this elegant mark serves to thwart counterfeiters — and give you full assurance that you hold a genuine, government-guaranteed, high-purity gold coin in your possession.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK – The artisans of the Royal Canadian Mint are known around the world for their craft. Beginning as a one-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure gold, each coin is struck to create bullion of exceptional quality.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2021 One-Ounce Gold Maple Leaf is five dollars Canada legal tender, confirmed on the coin's obverse along with Susanna Blunt's portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 One-Ounce Gold Maple Leaf has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has NGC has certified that your Gold Maple Leaf is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will come in a holder with an exclusive Canada label.
As you can expect, collectors clamor over each new annual release of Maple Leafs. Don’t wait to get yours – order your Gold Maple Leaf today!