Gold Coin Pays Tribute to the Music World’s Legendary Rocketman
With a career spanning nearly 60 years, Elton John is a true living legend in the world of pop music and rock ’n roll. His songs have touched the lives young and old with a mix of soulful ballads, guitar-driven rockers and catchy songs that get people up on their feet and dancing to the beat. He’s conquered stage, screen and the Billboard charts, and now he’s featured on a spectacular coin from Great Britain’s prestigious Royal Mint.
Design Inspired by Elton John Music Video
Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure gold, the legal-tender £100 (one hundred pounds) coin is the work of artist & digital sculptor Bradley Morgan Johnson, who said he was inspired by Elton John’s “I’m Still Standing” music video, and incorporated the singer’s recognizable hat, sunglasses and bow tie seen in the video into his design. The design really does justice to the legacy and influence of Elton John and was officially approved by the iconic singer himself. In addition, this 2021-dated Great Britain One-Ounce Gold Legends of Music: Elton John Coin comes in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with razor-sharp details that are as bright and crisp as the day it left the mint.
From the Music World to the World of Coins
One of the most popular and successful artists in music history, Sir Elton John has sold more than 300 million records and notched 57 Top 40 hits, 27 Top Ten singles and nine No. #1 chart toppers. Born Reginald Kenneth Dwight, Sir Elton is as famous for his flamboyant costumes and showmanship as he is for his remarkable string of hits. Not only has he inspired countless musicians, but his life served as the basis for the 2019 film Rocketman, which earned actor Taron Egerton a Golden Globe award for his dynamic portrayal of Elton. The film also garnered Elton John and his long-time songwriting partner Bernie Taupin an Academy Award for Best Original Song for their “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again.”
The perfect gift for any fan of Elton John, this coin is sure to be hit. But with a maximum worldwide edition limit of just 2,500 coins, there’s no doubt that this will be one of our top sellers. We expect our supply to vanish quickly; so, don’t wait, click one of these Elton John coins to your cart right now!
- SECOND RELEASE IN MUSIC LEGENDS SERIES – This coin is the second release in the Royal Mint’s Legends of Music series and pays tribute to Elton John. It features depictions of the singer’s recognizable hat, sunglasses and bow tie with a British flag in the background. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Elton John Elizabeth II.
- OFFICIALLY APPROVED BY ELTON JOHN – The design of this coin was officially approved by Sir Elton John.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each Legends of Music: Elton John Coin was struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure gold and measures 32.69 mm in diameter.
- BRITISH LEGAL TENDER – These 2021 Great Britain One-Ounce Gold Legends of Music: Elton John Coins are £100 (one hundred pounds) legal tender in Great Britain.
- BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 Great Britain One-Ounce Gold Legends of Music: Elton John Coin will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Mint has set the maximum worldwide edition limit for this coin at just 2,500.
Pay tribute to the legacy of one of the world’s greatest music artists with the 2021 Great Britain One-Ounce Gold Legends of Music: Elton John Coin. It also makes a wonderful and thoughtful gift!