Welcome The New Year With An Adorable Baby Ox
This little guy may not be as strong as an ox, but he is as cute as a button — and the latest release from Australia’s famed Perth Mint that pays tribute to the animals of the Chinese Lunar Zodiac Calendar. Celebrating 2021 being the Year of the Ox, this adorable coin offers a whole new representation of the venerable old ox in a way that’s sure to delight collectors the world over.
Colorful Design Features a Baby Ox
Struck in a half ounce of gleaming 99.99% pure silver, this 50-cents legal-tender coin was released on behalf of Tuvalu, an independent South Pacific Ocean island nation within the British Commonwealth. It brilliantly depicts the ox not as a lumbering beast of burden, but as dimple-cheeked baby with a shock of wavy hair for its mane, an engaging smile on its lips, and a happy-go-lucky twinkle in its eyes. Rendered in full color, our little bovine even has a gift-wrapped present — a perfect symbol for anyone whose birthday falls during the Year of the Ox. Above the little fella is an inscription that reads “YEAR OF THE OX” while the Chinese symbol for “ox” appears to the left and the Perth Mint’s famous “P” mint mark can be seen at the lower right.
Fabulous Proof Finish
In addition to its warm colorization, this coin also features a fabulous proof finish, meaning that it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields! Plus, each coin available here will come beautifully displayed in a classic presentation case with a clear lid decorated with a silver geometric design. The case has an illustrated shipper and is accompanied by a Perth Mint Certificate of Authenticity.
Just 7,150 of the fabulous 2021 Tuvalu Half-Ounce Silver Baby Ox Colorized Proofs will be struck for worldwide release — a mintage that seems much too small for everyone who would like to own one. Don’t miss out, Secure one today before these loveable coins find themselves in someone else’ collection!
- YEAR OF THE OX TRIBUTE – This coin pays tribute to 2021 being the Year of the Ox with a colorized image of a baby ox. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Baby Ox Colorized Proof was struck in a half ounce of 99.99% pure silver and measures 32.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER RELEASE – These 2021 Tuvalu Half-Ounce Silver Baby Ox Colorized Proofs are 50 cents legal tender in Tuvalu, an independent South Pacific Ocean island nation within the British Commonwealth.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021 Tuvalu Half-Ounce Silver Baby Ox Colorized Proof was crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited mintage for this coin has been set at just 7,150.
People born during the Year of the Ox are said to be strong, reliable, fair, conscientious, calm, patient, methodical trustworthy, opinionated and stubborn. Does that sound like anyone you know? Celebrate all those characteristics and traits with the 2021 Tuvalu Half-Ounce Silver Baby Ox Colorized Proof. Grab yours now while you still can!