2021 Welcomes The Return Of The Palladium American Eagle Proof!
Ever since 2017 when the Palladium American Eagle joined its gold, silver & platinum brothers to become the United States Mint’s fourth precious metal in its flock of Eagle coins, the response has been nothing short of staggering. Each year’s release has seen collectors clogging The Mint’s website causing sell-outs that can be measured in minutes! additionally, The Mint has alternated the finish for this beautiful coin each year, and for 2021 it is returning to the gorgeous Proof finish. There’s no doubt about it, collectors absolutely love the proof finish that features beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
Adolph A. Weinman’s Time-Honored Designs
In addition to the exquisite beauty of palladium, these coins were struck in gorgeous High Relief to truly showcase the time-honored designs created more than a century ago by Adolph A. Weinman, a noted sculptor who was also a student of the legendary Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- The coin’s obverse features the iconic design from the “Mercury Dime” Winged Liberty. Struck from 1916-1945, the universally acclaimed Mercury Dime is today considered to be one of the most beautiful American coins ever struck by the U.S. Mint. The wings depicted on Miss Liberty’s head were supposed to represent freedom of thought, but for most people it looked like a depiction of the Roman god Mercury and the nickname stuck.
- The coin’s reverse features the design Weinman originally used for the 1907 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Gold Medal — a majestic American Eagle perched on a stone outcropping holding an olive branch. The AIA Gold Medal is the highest honor awarded by the AIA each year and was presented for the first time in 1907 with Weinman’s design. The U.S. Mint’s Palladium Eagle series is the first time this design has appeared on a United States coin!
Impressive Coins That Really Show Off Weinman’s Designs
These One-Ounce Palladium American Eagles were beautifully struck at the West Point Mint and at 34 mm in diameter, the coin is larger than a U.S. Half-Dollar and nearly twice the size of the Mercury Dimes that circulated during the Roaring Twenties, Great Depression and World War II. The larger size vividly showcases these brilliant designs in a way that certainly does them justice. In fact, to make this coin possible, the U.S. Mint worked with the AIA to use the original plaster of the AIA Gold Medal to create the dies for the Palladium Eagle series.
Flawless Proofs From Among The First Released
What’s more, your each 2021-W $25 One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle High Relief Proof available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that that these proofs are First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Each will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an Adolph Weinman label.
Don’t wait to secure your Uncirculated 2021-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle. With an edition of just 12,000, these coins already have anxious collectors around the world eagerly queuing up to own one. Order yours now!
- ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN DESIGNS – The 2021-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle features the same design used on America’s “Mercury Dime” struck form 1916-1945. The beloved image was designed by German-born American sculptor Adolph A. Weinman and was named for the image of a Winged Liberty Head that looks like the Roman god Mercury. The coin’s reverse features Weinman’s design that was used for the 1907 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Gold Medal.
- HIGH RELIEF DESIGNS STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE PALLADIUM – These Palladium American Eagles were struck in High Relief at the West Point Mint in a full ounce of 99.95% palladium. One of the world’s rarest metals, palladium is a silver-colored precious metal that is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL-TENDER – Each 2021-W One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle High Relief coin is $25 legal tender and measures 34 mm in diameter.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021-W $25 One-Ounce Palladium American Eagle High Relief Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your proof is a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an Adolph Weinman label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint has set the worldwide limited edition for 2021 Palladium American Eagle Proof at just 12,000!
The 2021 American Eagle One-Ounce Palladium Proof is sure to be a hit with collectors so click one — or more — to your cart now while you still can!