The Last Flight for the Family of Eagles
Collectors are extra excited about the U.S. Mint’s release of its 2021 Gold Eagles. In case you don’t know why, it’s because in 2020 the Mint announced it would be changing the reverse design of this immensely popular coin series in 2021. When the first Gold Eagles came off the presses in 2021, however, they still featured Miley Busiek’s “Family of Eagles” design that has graced the coin since it debuted in 1986. The design WILL be replaced later in 2021 with a brand new design, an event that will create first and last issue coins in the same series in the same year!
Golden Tribute to Iconic American Images
Here’s your chance to start or add to your collection of American Gold Eagles with the 2021 Tenth-Ounce $5 Gold Eagle Type 1 Proof. In addition to Busiek’s reverse design, these stunning gold coins proudly display one of the nation’s most iconic symbols — Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famous design from the Gold Double Eagle showing Lady Liberty striding towards freedom, as a reminder of the majesty, longevity, and strength of the United States. And, just as in past years, these coins have been struck in highly pure 91.7% gold. These Proof coins are the “best of the best,” minted strictly for collectors, and feature frosty devices and highly polished, mirrored fields.
Each coin available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified these Gold Eagle Proofs as First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Day of Issue is only a fraction of the total mintage. Each will come encapsulated in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Bald Eagle label.
Proofs from the Acclaimed West Point Mint
Artistically brilliant and perfectly collectible, each yearly release from the United States Mint commands the attention of buyers around the world. Especially desired are these magnificent proof-struck issues from the acclaimed West Point Mint in New York. Traditionally, the annual amount of Gold Eagle Proofs struck is only a fraction of the number of Uncirculated Gold Eagles produced each year. Combine this limited mintage along with the Gold Eagle’s elite status among collectors and the last yar-of-issue for the Family of Eagles design and you have a classic recipe for intense demand! Now, you have the chance to claim one of these key-date 2020 Tenth Ounce Gold Eagle T-1 Proofs for your collection.
Don't wait, though — these collector favorites have been tremendously popular in the past, and we’re expecting them to barely touch the shelves in our vaults before they’re sent out again! Put one (or several) in your cart now!
- THE ULTIMATE SAINT-GAUDENS CREATION . . .—These Tenth-Ounce Gold Eagles exhibit a stunning design of Lady Liberty walking forward with focus and purpose, torch in one hand and olive branch in the other. Originally introduced on the famous 1907 $20 Double Eagle and born from collaboration between Augustus Saint-Gaudens and Theodore Roosevelt, this design reveals beautifully intricate details with each viewing.
- . . . PAIRED FOR A FINAL TIME WITH A PATRIOTIC FAMILY! – Featuring a male bald eagle carrying an olive branch to his family, sculptor Miley Busiek’s design for the reverse serves as a perfect modern companion to Saint-Gaudens’ vision. Her design will be replaced by a new design later in 2021.
- TYPE 1 DESIGNATION – This coin was given the Type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Busiek Family of Eagles Reverse design.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each 2021 Gold Eagle T-1 Proof offered here was struck using a tenth-ounce planchet of 91.67% (22 karat) fine gold and measures 16.5 mm in diameter.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Minted in gold mined in the United States with weight and content guaranteed by the U.S. government, each 2021 Tenth-Ounce Gold Eagle T-1 Proof is 5 dollars U.S. legal tender.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Gold Eagle Proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come encapsulated in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Bald Eagle label.
With the reverse design for the U.S. Mint’s Gold Eagle coins changing later in 2021, this will be among the last coins to feature Miley Busiek’s acclaimed “Family of Eagles” design. Don’t miss you chance to get this spectacular key-date coin!