The Stampede Is On for the 2021 Gold Buffalo Proofs!
Since 2006, the $50 Gold Buffalo has been America’s official pure gold bullion coin, trading on an equal footing with such juggernauts as Great Britain’s Gold Britannia and Canada’s Gold Maple Leaf. Now in its 16th year of production, the Gold Buffalo continues to capture imaginations with its time-honored James Earle Fraser designs. And now, you can bring this stunning 2021 One-Ounce Gold Buffalo home to your collection in glorious Proof condition!
Fraser’s Classic Buffalo Nickel Design
This is how Fraser envisioned his coin. Big, bold, beautiful, and full of life! Only a coin like this could bring out the full glory of the original design. Bursting from this large 32.69 mm masterpiece, the images are even more dramatic struck in one ounce of pure 24-karat (99.99%) gold – the purest gold used to strike any U.S. coin! The designs from Fraser’s 1913-1938 Buffalo Nickel — the now-iconic images of Native American and Black Diamond, the magnificent buffalo from New York’s Central Park Zoo — were impressive in 1913 and even more impressive today!
Nearly Flawless Proofs From Among the First Coins Released
What makes your pure 2021 One-Ounce Gold Buffalo coin even more spectacular is that it is struck to a shimmering Proof finish by the artisans at the U.S. Branch mint at West Point, New York. In fact, your Gold Buffalo was graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Deep Cameo (PR69DC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections — well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. The coin’s deep-mirrored surfaces framing frosted images of Fraser’s Indian and Buffalo are fabulous!
Plus, it has the 99.99% gold guaranty of purity stamped right into its surface along with the “W” mintmark. In addition, PCGS has certified your Gold Buffalo to be a First Strike (FS) coin, a designation that means your Gold Buffalo was received by PCGS or an PCGS-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will also come encapsulated with a special American Flag label.
With proof mintages historically smaller than Brilliant Uncirculated mintages, these 2021 Gold Buffalo Proofs could prove to be hard to find in the future. Besides risking not being able to obtain this prize for your collection, waiting only means you won’t be able to experience the breathtaking beauty of this coin. So, don't delay. Order yours now because when these sell out, they can be very difficult to locate.
- MINTED IN PURE U.S. GOLD – Each and every 2021-W $50 One-Ounce Gold Buffalo Proof is struck in 99.99% fine 24-karat U.S. Gold! This is the purest modern U.S. gold coin struck by the U.S. Mint.
- ALLURING AND HISTORIC DESIGN – The obverse features a Native American bust and the reverse features a standing Bison. Both designs were taken from the timeless classic design of the Buffalo Nickel designed by James Earle Fraser. These iconic images have been alluring to coin collectors for over 100 years! Instead of just gold, you will hold a true work of historic American artistry in your hands!
- WEST POINT MINT – Each coin is struck at the West Point Mint and features a “W” mintmark on the reverse.
- NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021-W $50 Buffalo One-Ounce Gold Proof was graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in-near-perfect Proof-69 Deep Cameo (PR69DC) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – PCGS has certified your Gold Buffalo to be a First Strike (FS) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come encapsulated with a special American Flag label.
- BU VERSUS PROOF MINTAGE COMPARISON – The U.S. Mint strikes the $50 Gold Buffalo in both Brilliant Uncirculated and Proof versions every year. However, the total proof mintage pales in comparison to the mintage of the BU with nearly FOUR TIMES as many BU coins struck than Proofs!
These American Buffalo Gold Bullion Coins are not sold directly to the general public — you can purchase them only through a U.S. Mint-authorized buyer like GovMint.com. And, due to both their high purity and numismatic value, Gold Buffalos experience consistently high demand from both investors and collectors. With history as our guide, we see our supply of 2021 Gold Buffalos selling out quickly. Don't wait — secure this 2021-W $50 American Buffalo One-Ounce Gold Proof for your collection today!