Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
253-268 AD Roman Bronze South Petherton Hoard Gallienus NGC Choice-XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.95 $145.53
$74.98 / month
Museum Quality Coins from the South Petherton Hoard
With metal detector in hand and the permission of a local landowner freshly granted, George Hughes set out for adventure on a November morning in 2013. An initial find of a few loose coins slowly developed as more were unearthed nearby. A few hours later, an archeologist was called onto the scene. After four days, one of the most famous hoards in recent history finally saw the light of day. 7,500 coins, all from one of the most turbulent periods in Roman history, all named after the Somerset, England village where they were found -- the South Petherton Hoard. Per British law, the coins were examined and curated by the British Museum and then released, which then were sold at auction.
The Emperor Gallienus (253-268 AD)
Proclaimed by the Roman Senate as co-emperor with his father, Emperor Valerian, Gallienus and Valerian split the empire between them. Gallienus looked after the east and his father the west. After Valerian was captured by the Persian King, Postumus rose up in opposition to Gallienus and declared himself as the Emperor of the west. Towards the end of 268 AD his senior officers began losing faith in Gallienus and while leading a surge into Milan, he was assassinated by one of his senior officers.
- Genuine 253-268 AD Roman coins-- Each coin has been certified by the British Museum.
- Amazing Find in the Fields of England-- Each coin authenticated to be from the 2013 South Petherton Hoard.
- Graded CH XF-- Your Gallienus coin has been graded by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Choice Extremely Fine condition (CH XF) and comes with a story card in an acrylic story vault holder for its protection.
- Very Limited-- We have selected the very best of the hoard for you.
- Hand Stuck Bronze Coin -- No two coins are exactly alike.
While you can find many ancient coins on the market, very few can be found in this superior condition and grade. These are truly museum quality. Don't miss out -- secure your ANC South Petherton Hoard, Gallienus NGC CH XF coin today.
|Pedigree||South Petherton Hoard|