Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
253-271 AD Roman Bronze South Petherton Hoard Victorinus NGC AU
Museum Quality Coins from the South Petherton Hoard
With metal detector in hand and the permission of a local landowner freshly granted, George Hughes set out for adventure on a November morning in 2013. An initial find of a few loose coins slowly developed as more were unearthed nearby. A few hours later, an archeologist was called onto the scene. After four days, one of the most famous hoards in recent history finally saw the light of day. 7,500 coins, all from one of the most turbulent periods in Roman history, all named after the Somerset, England village where they were found -- the South Petherton Hoard. Per British law, the coins were examined and curated by the British Museum and then released, which then were sold at auction.
The Rise and Fall of a Ladies Man– Victorinus (269-271 AD)
After the death of Postumus, Marius was in charge of the Gallic Empire, but he could not establish his rule and was killed his third day in office. Victorinus, who may have been Postumus' right-hand man, became emperor. When he took over, the Gallic Empire had been weakened and he spent most of his reign trying to regain territories lost to the Central Empire. Victorinus fought off several revolts and was known for devoting his time seducing the wives of his officers and soldiers and was ultimately killed by a jealous husband.
- Genuine 269-271 AD Roman coins-- Each coin has been certified by the British Museum.
- Amazing Find in the Fields of England-- Each coin authenticated to be from the 2013 South Petherton Hoard.
- Graded AU-- Your Victorinus coin has been graded by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in About Uncirculated condition (AU) and comes with a story card in an acrylic story vault holder for its protection.
- Very Limited-- We have selected the very best of the hoard for you.
- Hand Stuck Bronze Coin -- No two coins are exactly alike.
While you can find many ancient coins on the market, very few can be found in this superior condition and grade. These are truly museum quality. Don't miss out -- secure your ANC South Petherton Hoard, Victorinus NGC CH AU coin today.
|Pedigree||South Petherton Hoard|