Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1896–1897-O $1 Morgan Silver Dollar 2-Coin Set XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.00 $144.60
New Orleans Morgan Silver Dollar Set
The New Orleans Mint is perhaps the most storied of all the U.S. Mint branches, as it is the only one to function under three separate governing bodies (the United States of America, the Confederate States of America and the State of Louisiana) and its important role during the American Civil War. Collectors love to secure Morgan Silver Dollars with the “O” mint mark, and here we have a pair struck in New Orleans in 1896 and 1897 – both years during which the mint struck fewer than 5 million Morgans (as compared to other years when the mint struck more than double that number!). The 2019 Red Book lists these coins in Mint State-60 (MS60) condition as being worth a combined total of $2,550 – but you can secure them here in Extremely Fine (XF) condition for just a fraction of that price. Hurry and secure this historic 2-coin set now!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN – The Morgan Silver Dollar – so named for its designer, U.S. Mint Assistant Engraver George T. Morgan – has stood the test of time. Struck from 1878-1904 and again in 1921, it was the coin of America’s “Wild West” and jingled in the coin purses of gamblers, gunfighters, soldiers and dance hall girls.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS – Morgan’s historic design depicts a profile of Lady Liberty on the obverse while the reverse features an eagle with outstretched wings. The model used for Liberty was Miss Anna Williams of Philadelphia, who Morgan declared to have the most perfect feminine profile he had ever seen.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – Struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode, the Morgan Silver Dollar is a big coin 38.1 mm in diameter. When this coin was plunked down on a counter, its weight meant real money, pure and simple.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLAR – Morgans were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- EXTREMELY FINE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coins will come graded as being in Extremely Fine (XF) condition, remarkable considering its age and use in circulation.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence!
Here’s your chance to secure a pair of key-date Morgans – an 1896 & 1897 Morgan Silver Dollars struck at the New Orleans Mint! Don’t delay; add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1897, 1896|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|