Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P $1 Silver Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative NGC PF70UC 2-pc Set w/ASF Labels and Bobko & Hawley Signatures
U.S. Mint’s Apollo 11 Silver Dollar Gets Seal of Approval from NASA Astronauts
When American astronaut Neil Armstrong planted his feet firmly on the surface of the moon on July 20, 1969, it sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos that humanity had finally reached the heavens, and the United States led the way! For many Americans, it was a moment to swell with pride. And, for a select few, it inspired them to follow in Armstrong’s footsteps to become astronauts and blaze their own trail through space.
Now, to pay tribute to both the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing and the people inspired by it, we’ve partnered with a select group of NASA Space Shuttle astronauts for a special program featuring the U.S. Mint’s incredibly popular 2019-Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar. Special because each commemorative silver dollar in this program comes encapsulated with a label personally signed by one of the astronauts!
In this offer, you will receive a pair of 2019-Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollars, each individually encapsulated with a label signed by one of the astronauts:
- Karol “Bo” Bobko was the pilot of the 1983 maiden flight of the Space Shuttle Challenger. Bobko was also on board the first flight of the Space Shuttle Atlantis as the commander in 1985 and has logged 386 hours in space. This coin is just One of 400 Apollo 11 commemorative silver dollars personally hand signed by Bobko for this program.
- Steve Hawley was on the first flight of the Space Shuttle Discovery in 1984. In total, Hawley flew on five Space Shuttle missions and has logged more than 770 hours in space. This coin is just One of 1,000 Apollo 11 commemorative silver dollars personally hand signed by Hawley for this program.
Your coins will each come displayed in its own protective holder with a distinctive black display core. In addition, the labels signed by Bobko and Hawley are exclusive Astronaut Scholarship Foundation (ASF) labels.
ABOUT THE COIN: In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative silver dollar. Not just any silver dollar, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to the historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Neil Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin. The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 38.1 mm in diameter, the coin perfectly reveals every nuance of the intricate details.
These silver dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of highly-pure 99.9% silver, and each has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
Just 400,000 of these special coins will ever be struck – and only a fraction will come encapsulated with a signature of an astronaut who has flown in space. Don’t miss being part of this inspiring program – it’s not hyperbole to say that it’s truly out of this world!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Buzz Aldrin’s famous photograph of Armstrong standing next to the American flag and lunar lander on the reverse.
- UNIQUE CURVED DESIGN – The unique design of this coin mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet. It represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in 26.73 grams ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are $1 legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proofs have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- SIGNED BY AMERICAN HEROs – Each coin comes encapsulated with an exclusive Astronaut Scholarship Foundation label signed by a NASA Space Shuttle astronaut. One has been signed by Karol “Bo” Bobko and the other by Steve Hawley.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting the release of the Apollo 11 commemorative silver dollar to a combination of just 400,000 proof and uncirculated coins.
Don’t let this inspiring combination of history and heroism escape your orbit. Click these coins to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|