Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 50th Anniversary Apollo 11-Kennedy Half Dollar 2-pc Set NGC PF70 First Day of Issue w/Black Core & Charlie Duke Signature
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $299.00 $290.18
$149.50 / month
U.S. Mint Set Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On May 25, 1961, President John F. Kennedy stood before Congress and stated that America “should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to Earth.” On July 20, 1969 – with just a few months to spare – President Kennedy’s goal was finally achieved.
To honor the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, the U.S. Mint released this Commemorative Half Dollar Set, including a Kennedy Half Dollar featuring an all-new Enhanced Reverse Proof finish and the one-year-only Apollo 11 Half Dollar Commemorative, featuring a curved surface and iconic imagery. The specially struck Kennedy Half Dollar was available only in this commemorative two-piece set and will not be made available by the Mint individually or as any other packaging option!
The limited mintage of 100,000 sets sold out at the mint within a couple of days, but we managed to secure some of the best of the bunch. You can take home your set certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified that your coins are First Day of Issue (FDI) releases, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Your coins will also come individually sealed in acrylic holders with special black display cores.
Plus, each coin comes encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by Charles “Charlie” Duke, a key member of the Apollo 11 mission. Duke, who not only served as CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) for the Apollo 11 mission – meaning he was the voice of mission control for the astronauts – later became the youngest person to ever set foot on the moon during the Apollo 16 mission in 1972!
An important set for any American – a set that’s sure to send collectors to the moon and back. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release; it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse while the reverse depicts the image of Armstrong’s famous photo of Buzz Aldrin in which Aldrin’s visor reflects an image of Armstrong standing beside the landing module. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- EXCLUSIVE AVAILABILITY – Joining the one-year-only commemorative half-dollar is a special Kennedy Half Dollar featuring an Enhanced Reverse Proof finish. A reverse proof differs from regular proof coins in that it features frosted fields and mirror-like details in contrast to a regular proof’s mirrored fields and frosted details. The U.S. Mint is making this coin available only in this two-piece set and will not be made available by the Mint individually or as any other packaging option.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are fifty cents legal tender in the United States and measure 30.6 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your coins will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition and sonically sealed in coin holders with black display cores.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your coins to be First Day of Issue (FDI) releases, independent authentication that they were released by the mint during the premier day of each series’ issue.
- SIGNED BY A MAN WHO WALKED ON THE MOON – These coins feature exclusive labels personally signed by astronaut Charles “Charlie” Duke, CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) for the landmark Apollo 11 mission.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – the U.S. Mint released just 100,000 of these two-piece sets and they are completely sold out at the mint.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019 50th Anniversary Apollo 11-Kennedy Half Dollar Two-Piece Proof Set. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||11.34 Grams - g|