New Panda Series Unites Traditional Icons to Celebrate Chinese New Year
There’s an all-new series of Panda Proofs just waiting for you to add it to your collection — one that incorporates some of China’s most popular and revered traditional icons.
The national symbol for China is the Giant Panda. With its adorable black-and-white fur, fat cheeks, big eyes and delightful pigeon-toed way of walking, it’s easy to see why. But long before Panda Bears became embroiled in world politics and conservation efforts, it was the dragon that was seen by the Chinese as the personification of their national identity. Now, both iconic symbols are at the heart of a new series released by the China Mint to celebrate the Chinese Lunar Year.
In this two-piece set, you can get both the silver and gold proofs — one struck in 88 grams of 99.9% fine silver and the other struck in 88 grams of 99.9% fine gold. Each is an amazing piece of numismatic artistry that depicts a cuddly panda sitting beside a twisting and turning dragon like one would see during a traditional New Year’s Dragon Dance. To make the design even more emblematic of the new year, it features the Chinse character for “Fu,” a symbol that is associated with peace and prosperity and prominently displayed in homes across China during the new year festivities.
Similar to the incredibly popular Moon Festival Panda™ series, these New Year Celebration Pandas were expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. What’s more, each proof was struck in amazing Ultra High Relief with detail so intricate that the designs seem like they’re leaping from the surface! In fact, each 2020 China New Year Celebration Panda Proof available here has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
Your proofs will come sonically sealed in individual acrylic holders and encapsulated with exclusive dragon labels. They will come displayed in a deluxe presentation case along with a storybook and a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. As an added bonus, they will be accompanied by a Chinese “Luck and Prosperity” note. The note will come in a red envelope — significant since giving gifts is another important facet of Chinese New Year celebration. These gifts often take the form of special red envelopes decorated with calligraphy wishing the recipient good fortune.
The maximum worldwide mintage limit for these pieces has been set at just 888 for the 88-gram silver proof and only 88 for the 88-gram gold proof — auspicious numbers as the number “8” is regarded as lucky in Chinese culture. Make sure your luck doesn’t run out — avoid being disappointed later by clicking these fabulous new Panda proofs to your cart now!
- FIRST YEAR FOR NEW PANADA SERIES – These pieces mark a new cycle of the Chinese Lunar Calendar and pays tribute to this historic event for the first time by featuring a design of the Panda, the New Year Dragon Dance and the Chinese Fu symbol associated with peace and prosperity. The obverse shows the familiar Temple of Heaven design that is a staple of China’s Panda Coin Series.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER & GOLD – Each Silver New Year Celebration Panda Proof was struck by the China Mint in 88 grams highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 45 mm in diameter. Each Gold New Year Celebration Panda Proof was struck in 88 grams highly pure 99.9% gold and measures 38 mm in diameter.
- INTRICATE HIGH RELIEF DETAIL – These proofs were struck in Ultra High Relief with detail so intricate that the designs seem like they’re leaping from their surfaces.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 2020 China Silver& Gold New Year Celebration Panda Proof Two-Piece Set was graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- EXTREMELY LOW MINTAGE – The maximum worldwide mintage limit for these pieces has been set at just 888 for the 88-gram silver proof and only 88 for the 88-gram gold proof — auspicious numbers as the number “8” is regarded as lucky in Chinese culture.
Celebrate the 2020 Chinese New Year with these special silver & gold proofs struck in Ultra High Relief! Click this two-piece set to your cart now before our small supply disappears!