Celebrate 20 Years of Mei Xiang and Tian Tian
2020 will mark the 20th anniversary of pandas Mei Xiang and Tian Tian’s arrival at the Smithsonian® National Zoo. It’s an important anniversary, as the pandas are technically on loan from China’s Chengdu province, and were set to return home in 2021 prior to the birth of their new cub. To celebrate this anniversary, the Smithsonian has authorized the release of special anniversary panda silver and platinum proofs.
A Beautiful Family of Pandas
This set contains three proofs: a two-ounce, 99.9% fine silver proof, a 20-ounce, 99.9% fine silver proof and a one-ounce, 99.95% pure platinum proof. All three have been struck in Proof condition, with frosty devices and mirrored fields. These 20th anniversary medals display the Smithsonian Castle and the Great Wall of China on the obverse side. The reverse, designed by Chinese coin designer Tong Fang, features momma panda Mei Xiang and papa panda Tian Tian along with their newborn cub, Xiao Qi Ji — the “little miracle” — who was born on August 21, 2020. Ms. Tong is known for crafting the 2019 and 2021 China Panda one-year-only reverse designs.
Worldwide Exclusive Release
Each piece in your 2000–2020 Smithsonian Silver & Platinum National Zoo 20th Anniversary Panda Three-Piece Proof Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that your Pandas are First Day of Issue (FDI) releases, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
The exquisite craftsmanship of the designs and the proof finish make these heart-warming pieces something that Panada collectors all over the world will want to add to their collections. Unfortunately, the no more than 75 sets will ever be able to be assembled. The good new s for you, however, is that they are available exclusively through GovMint. Don’t delay; add these officially authorized Silver & Platinum Panda Proofs to your collection today!
- A CELEBRATION OF PANDAS IN AMERICA – These proofs celebrates the 20th anniversary of the arrival of pandas Mei Xiang and Tian Tian’s arrival at the Smithsonian® National Zoo and feature designs showing the two pandas as well as the Smithsonian Castle and the Great Wall of China.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE PRECIOUS METAL – The proofs in your 2000–2020 Smithsonian Silver & Platinum National Zoo 20th Anniversary Panda Three-Piece Proof Set include two- and twenty-ounce pieces struck in 20 ounces of 99.9% fine silver and a one-ounce platinum piece struck in 99.95% platinum.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY THE SMITHSONIAN – These 2000–2020 Smithsonian National Zoo 20th Anniversary Panda Proofs are fully approved and officially licensed by the Smithsonian®.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 2000–2020 Smithsonian Silver & Platinum National Zoo 20th Anniversary Panda Three-Piece Proof Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Pandas are First Day of Issue (FDI) releases, independent authentication that they were released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED RELEASE – The edition limits for these Pandas is extremely Limited: just 500 for the two-ounce silver, 200 for the twenty-ounce silver, and only 75 for the one-ounce Platinum — and they are available exclusively through GovMint and its marketing partners.
Don’t miss out on the officially licensed 2000–2020 Smithsonian® Silver & Platinum National Zoo 20th Anniversary Panda Three-Piece Proof Set. Get yours now!