Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1880-1887-P/O/S $1 Morgan New York Bank Hoard 3-pc Set NGC MS65
A Breathtaking Set of Morgan Silver Dollars from the Remarkable New York Bank Hoard!
During the release of the Great Treasury Hoard in the 1960s, a numismatic broker in Brooklyn, New York named Edward’s Associates acquired a sizable number of unopened Morgan bags, 16 of which were sold to an unnamed individual who worked in the financial sector of Wall Street in lower Manhattan. The unopened bags were placed into a bank vault, and the owner walked away. For one of the first times in history, a modern find of unopened bags of Morgans could actually be traced back to, and certified as coming from, the Great Treasury Hoard!
For years, the family of the Wall Street employee who secured the bags of Morgan Silver Dollars simply paid the monthly fee for the vault. That fee was rather sizable, though, and the financial toll eventually led to the family deciding to open the vault and sell the coins. They contacted a number of leading coin experts, who quickly got to work. After carefully opening the bags and examining their contents, the experts estimated the value of the New York Bank Hoard to be between $1 and $1.5 million!
Now you can own a portion of this incredible New York Bank Hoard with this incredible three-piece set of 1880-1887-dated Morgan Silver Dollar. The set includes three different year dates and at one coin each from the Philadelphia Mint, the New Orleans Mint and the San Francisco Mint. The coins in your set are: 1880-S, 1885-O, 1886-P, 1887-P.
Not only has each coin been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in gleaming Mint State-65 (MS65) condition, but NGC has also sealed them in individual protective coin capsules and added a special pedigree to the labels certifying that the coins hail from the famous New York Bank Hoard of U.S. Treasury Hoard Morgan Silver Dollars!
- COINS FROM THE MASSIVE NEW YORK BANK HOARD – These coins hail from the massive New York Bank Hoard. The hoard consisted of sixteen 1,000-coin bags of Morgan Silver Dollars acquired during the Treasury Hoard releases of the early 1960s. The owner of the hoard worked in New York City’s financial district and he purchased the coins from a Brooklyn coin dealer. The hoard’s original owner was an immigrant who grew up during the Great Depression and valued physical money. His family decided to sell the coins rather than continue paying an $800-per-month bank vault storage fee.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLARS – Morgans were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- GRADED IN BEAUTIFUL UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – The coins in this set have all been certified, graded and encapsulated by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Mint State-65 (MS65) condition, meaning that it is as crisp and fresh as the day they were struck the Mint nearly 130 years ago!
- SPECIAL PEDIGREED LABEL – Each of your coins will be encapsulated in its own an acrylic coin holder with a special “New York Bank Hoard” label that also notes the coin hails “From U.S. Treasury Bag” attesting it originated from the from the famous U.S. Treasury Hoard.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence – and fewer still remain in Choice Uncirculated condition!
Get your portion of the New York Bank Hoard of Morgan Silver Dollars from the original U.S. Treasury Hoard. Add this 1880-1887-P/O/S Morgan Silver Dollar Three-Piece Set to your cart right now!
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O, Philadelphia - P, San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|