Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Africa 1-oz Silver/Gold/Platinum Big 5 Lion NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue 3-pc Set w/Tumi Signature
Behold the King of the New “Big 5”
Some of the world’s most dangerous wild animals live in Africa. Not long ago the highest mark a sportsman could attain was being able to hunt down “The Big Five” animals on the continent – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhinoceros, Leopard and Cape Buffalo. Each animal was quite capable of killing humans, and they often did – even the herbivores! Now you can hunt down these beasts without ever leaving the comfort of your easy chair thanks to the South African Mint’s release of a new series of coins dedicated to these animals.
The latest release in the series is this magnificent Lion, and thanks to this offer, you have the opportunity to secure “The King of Beasts” in a three-piece proof set consisting of silver, gold and platinum coins! Struck by the prestigious South African Mint – the same mint that brings us the iconic gold and silver Krugerrands – this three-coin set contains Big 5 Lion Proofs struck in one Troy ounce of 99.99% pure gold, 99.95% pure platinum and 99.9% fine silver.
The obverse of these legal-tender coins depicts an image of an alert male lion in all his regal glory. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a lion staring straight into your eyes. If you dare, put on some thin white gloves and trace your fingers across the rugged design… it almost feels like you’re caressing the tawny body of a real lion! That this design is so impressive should come as no surprise. After all, the South African Mint is the same mint responsible for the immensely popular Natura series that began in the 1990s and featured the same Big 5 animals!
Each coin in your 2019 South Africa Big 5 Lion Three-Piece Proof Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your proofs to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. As an added feature, each proof will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive label personally signed by South African Mint Director Tumi Tsehlo!
Just 600 gold, 1,000 platinum and 2,750 silver Big 5 Lion Proofs have been struck – and only a limited number of sets have been assembled in match-graded condition graded by NGC as First Day of Issue coins. That means that just a few of these sets are available for everyone who would like one. A century ago people like Teddy Roosevelt would have donned a pith helmet and tracked down these animals as prizes for their trophy rooms. Today, people go on safaris in hopes of simply catching a glimpse of these often-endangered animals. Avoid the heat and take pride in bagging these coins from the comfort of your home simply by clicking this set to your cart!
- LATEST COIN IN SOUTH AFRICA’S NEW BIG FIVE SERIES – The Lion coin is the second release in the South African Mint’s new series of coins dedicated to “The Big Five” animals of Africa – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo – displaying unique portraits of these exotic creatures.
- INNOVATIVE EYE-CATCHING DESIGN – The obverse of each coin depicts a full-bodied image of a male lion. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a regal lion.
- STRUCK IN PURE GOLD, PLATINUM & SILVER – This three-piece set contains Big 5 Lion Proofs struck in one Troy ounce of 99.99% pure gold, 99.95% pure platinum and 99.9% fine silver. The gold and platinum coins measure 32.69 mm in diameter and the silver coin measures 38.725 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins have legal-tender values in South Africa of 50 Rand for the gold coin, 20 Rand for the platinum coin and 5 Rand for the silver coin.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2019 South Africa Big 5 Lion Three-Piece Proof Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019 South Africa Big 5 Lion Proofs to be First Day of Issue (FDI) coins. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
- PERSONALLY SIGNED BY SOUTH AFRICAN MINT OFFICIAL – Each coin will come encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by South African Mint Director Tumi Tsehlo.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – Just 600 gold, 1,000 platinum and 2,750 silver Big 5 Lion Proofs have been struck – and only a limited number of sets have been assembled in match-graded condition graded by NGC as First Day of Issue coins.
Don’t let this “King” of the Big 5 animals out of your sights; bag your 2019 South Africa Big 5 Lion Three-Piece Proof Set now before these coins escape into the hands of other collectors!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Gold, Silver, Platinum|
|Purity||0.9990, 0.9995, 0.9999|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Denomination||5.00, 20.00, 50.00|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|