The Last Flight for the Family of Eagles
Collectors are extra excited about the U.S. Mint’s release of its 2021 Gold Eagles. In case you don’t know why, it’s because in 2020 the Mint announced it would be changing the reverse design of this immensely popular coin series in 2021. When the first Gold Eagles came off the presses in 2021, however, they still featured Miley Busiek’s “Family of Eagles” design that has graced the coin since it debuted in 1986. The design WILL be replaced later in 2021 with a brand new design, an event that will create first and last issue coins in the same series in the same year!
Golden Tribute to Iconic American Images
Here’s your chance to start or add to your collection of American Gold Eagles with the 2021 Gold Eagle Type 1 Proof Four-Coin Fractional Set of Gold Eagles ranging from the tenth-ounce $5 coin all the way up to the one-ounce $50 coin. In addition to Busiek’s reverse design, these stunning gold coins proudly display one of the nation’s most iconic symbols — Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famous design from the Gold Double Eagle showing Lady Liberty striding towards freedom, as a reminder of the majesty, longevity, and strength of the United States. And, just as in past years, these coins have been struck in highly pure 91.7% gold. These Proof coins are the “best of the best,” minted strictly for collectors, and feature frosty devices and highly polished, mirrored fields.
Each coin available in this set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these almost-flawless coins showcase impressive full strikes and indistinguishable imperfections — well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. Each will come encapsulated in an acrylic holder with a brown NGC label.
Proofs from the Acclaimed West Point Mint
Artistically brilliant and perfectly collectible, each yearly release from the United States Mint commands the attention of buyers around the world. Especially desired are these magnificent proof-struck issues from the acclaimed West Point Mint in New York. Traditionally, the annual amount of Gold Eagle Proofs struck is only a fraction of the number of Uncirculated Gold Eagles produced each year. Combine this limited mintage along with the Gold Eagle’s elite status among collectors and the last yar-of-issue for the Family of Eagles design and you have a classic recipe for intense demand! Now, you have the chance to claim these key-date 2021 One Ounce Gold Eagle T-1 Proofs for your collection.
Don't wait, though — these collector favorites have been tremendously popular in the past, and we’re expecting them to barely touch the shelves in our vaults before they’re sent out again! Put one in your cart now!
- THE ULTIMATE SAINT-GAUDENS CREATION . . .—All four if these One-Ounce Gold Eagles exhibit a stunning design of Lady Liberty walking forward with focus and purpose, torch in one hand and olive branch in the other. Originally introduced on the famous 1907 $20 Double Eagle and born from collaboration between Augustus Saint-Gaudens and Theodore Roosevelt, this design reveals beautifully intricate details with each viewing.
- . . . PAIRED FOR A FINAL TIME WITH A PATRIOTIC FAMILY! – Featuring a male bald eagle carrying an olive branch to his family, sculptor Miley Busiek’s design for the reverse serves as a perfect modern companion to Saint-Gaudens’ vision. Her design will be replaced by a new design later in 2021.
- TYPE 1 DESIGNATION – These coins were given the Type-1 pedigree to note that they bear the original Busiek Family of Eagles Reverse design.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – These tenth-ounce, quarter-ounce, half-ounce and one-ounce coins were struck in 91.67% fine gold.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Struck in gold mined in the United States with weight and content guaranteed by the U.S. government, these 2021 Gold Eagle Proof are five dollars (1/10-oz), 10 dollars (1/4-oz), 25 dollars (1/2-oz) and 50 dollars (1-oz) U.S. legal tender, as seen on each coin’s respective reverse.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your coins will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition. The coins will be sealed in holders with brown NGC labels.
With the reverse design for the U.S. Mint’s Gold Eagle coins changing later in 2021, these will be among the last coins to feature Miley Busiek’s acclaimed “Family of Eagles” design. Don’t miss you chance to get this spectacular 2021-W Gold American Eagle Type 1 Proof Four-Coin Set!