Secure the White Tiger of the West — China’s Legendary Symbol of Autumn
According to ancient Chinese folklore that dates back more than 6,000 years, there are four mythological creatures that protect the world. Each stands guard in four directions of the compass — North, South, East and West — and represents a different season. Now these fabled beasts are ready protect your collection thanks to a new series from China entitled the Four Guardians of China Vault Protector Series.
The first release in the series depicts the White Tiger (Baihu) of the West, the representation of Autumn. A symbol of force and the military, it’s no surprise that this holy beast’s element is metal. In this four-piece set you can acquire the one-ounce and five-ounce pieces struck in 99.9% silver, the one-ounce gold piece struck in 99.9% gold and the one-ounce platinum piece struck in 99.9% platinum. These 2020-dated medals also pay tribute to China’s Vault Protector coins — classic “cash” coins that were round with square holes in the center. They were hung with silk in both personal and government vaults as a way to protect wealth against disaster and to ensure the favor of the gods. These pieces depict the White Tiger as it stalks around the center square. The common obverse features a section of the Great Wall of China.
These modern-day cash coins are larger versions of the ancient originals. What’s more, each piece available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified that these medals are First Day of Issue (FDI) pieces, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. To top it off, each piece will come sealed in an acrylic holder with a unique black display core and encapsulated with a label personally signed by the artist who created these designs, China Mint coin designer Song Fei.
Just 1,888 one-ounce silver proofs, 500 five-ounce silver proofs, 200 one-ounce gold proofs and 200 one-ounce platinum proofs will be minted — and only a limited number of flawless FDI proofs are available sealed with hand-signed labels. As the first release in a series in what’s sure to be a popular series, we expect these proofs to fly out of here. The other three releases in the series, Azure Dragon, Vermillion Bird, and Black Tortoise are set to be released in 2020 & 2021. Don’t miss out; get the first release in the series now while you still can!
- FIRST RELEASE IN A NEW SERIES – These medals are the first releases in a four-part series that honors the Four Guardians of China with individual Vault Protector Proofs — classic round “cash” coins with square holes in the center. These pieces depict the White Tiger as it stalks around the center square. The common obverse features a section of the Great Wall of China.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each silver proof was struck in highly pure 99.9% fine silver. The one-ounce piece measures 40 mm in diameter and the five-ounce piece measures 70 mm in diameter. The one-ounce gold proof was struck in 99.9% fine gold and measures 32 mm in diameter. The one-ounce platinum proof was struck in 99.9% platinum and measure 32.6 mm in diameter.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 2020 China Silver/Gold/Platinum White Tiger of the West Vault Protector Four-Piece Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that these pieces are First Releases (FR) medals, meaning that they were among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- HAND-SIGNED BY COIN’S DESIGNER – These White Tiger of the West Vault Protectors will come sealed in acrylic holders with black display cores and encapsulated with labels personally signed by the medal’s designer Song Fei.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – Just 1,888 one-ounce silver proofs, 500 five-ounce silver proofs, 200 one-ounce gold proofs and 200 one-ounce platinum proofs will be minted.
Secure the 2020 China Silver/Gold/Platinum White Tiger of the West Vault Protector Four-Piece now in flawless First Day of Issue condition & encapsulated with labels signed by designer Song Fei. Order now to avoid disappointment later.