Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 New Zealand Gold Sovereign 4-pc Proof Set NGC PF70UC First Struck
World’s First New Zealand Gold Sovereigns – In Amazing High Grade!
The British Gold Sovereign is one of the most widely recognized coins in the world, first struck more than 200 years ago. In its long and celebrated history, the Sovereign has been struck in Great Britain, Australia, South Africa, India and Canada. Now, on the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth, the world’s first-ever New Zealand Gold Sovereigns are being issued! And, as if to make up for lost time, New Zealand isn’t releasing just one Gold Sovereign, it’s releasing FOUR – and this is your chance to get the complete set of this highly anticipated release!
Each coin bears a different reverse design of Queen Victoria at a different stage of her life, along with dual dates showing her years of birth and death. These designs come courtesy of celebrated designer Natanya van Niekerk, the creative genius who won numerous international coin awards for her work on the South African Mint’s acclaimed Natura series. The obverse displays Queen Elizabeth II as well as dual denominations for each coin. This impressive four-coin set includes the $5 Double Sovereign, $2 Sovereign, $1 Half Sovereign and 50-Cent Quarter Sovereign, struck in 16 grams, 8 grams, 4 grams and 2 grams of 91.67% (22 karat) gold, respectively. Each coin is official New Zealand legal tender.
Each coin in your 2019 New Zealand Gold Sovereign Four-Piece Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has also certified that each proof as being a First Struck (FS) coin, a designation that means your coins were all received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release! They will come sonically sealed in acrylic holders with white display cores and special labels that state they are “One of the First Struck.”
We’ve been able to assemble just 140 of these special sets and they will go fast. Don’t delay; order your set now before they’re snapped up by other eager collectors!
- FIRST-EVER GOLD SOVEREIGNS FROM NEW ZEALAND – These are the first-ever Gold Sovereigns struck in New Zealand. Each features a different design of Queen Victoria in honor of the 200th anniversary of her birth in 2019. The common obverse is a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each New Zealand Gold Sovereign was struck in highly pure 91.67% (22 karat) fine gold.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are legal tender coins: a 16-gm $5 Double Sovereign, an 8-gm $2 Sovereign, a 4-gm $1 Half Sovereign and a 50-Cent Quarter Sovereign.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2019 New Zealand Gold Sovereign Four-Piece Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRUCK CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that each proof is a First Struck (FS) coin. They will come sonically sealed in acrylic holders with white display cores and special labels that state they are “One of the First Struck.”
- LIMITED AVAILABILITY – Just 140 2019 New Zealand Gold Sovereign Four-Piece Sets are available certified as PF70UC as well as One of First Struck.
Don’t miss your chance to secure the world’s first New Zealand Gold Sovereigns. Order your 2019 New Zealand Gold Sovereign Four-Piece Proof Set today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Denomination||0.25, 0.50, 1.00, 2.00|
|Mint Name||Commonwealth Mint|
|Coin Weight||2 Grams - g, 4 Grams - g, 8 Grams - g, 16 Grams - g|
|Dimensions||14mm, 19.3mm, 22mm, 32mm|