Incredibly Rare 1934 Series Notes Resurrected in24K Gold!
The Series 1934 Gold Certificates were legal tender, but never intended for circulation. Instead, they were used to transfer funds between Federal Reserve banks, and once they were retired in the 1960s, most were destroyed. However, you can still see them in person at the Smithsonian® National Museum of American History.
Now, the Smithsonian® has resurrected these famous notes by authorizing a limited striking of the designs in 100mg of 99.9% (24 karat) gold! They feature the same designs as the originals:
The 1934 $100 24-Karat Gold Certificate features the familiar portrait of Benjamin Franklin, who signed both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution – historic documents that established the United States of America.
The 1934 $1,000 24-Karat Gold Certificate shows a portrait of President Grover Cleveland, the only U.S. President to serve two non-consecutive terms. He was elected in 1884 & 1892 and won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote in 1888.
The 1934 $10,000 24-Karat Gold Certificate depicts Salmon P. Chase, who as Abraham Lincoln’s Secretary of the Treasury during the Civil War, was instrumental in establishing the national banking system and issuing paper currency.
The 1934 $100,000 24-Karat Gold Certificate features President Woodrow Wilson, who led the country through World War I, Wilson was a major figure during the Versailles Peace Conference and helped create the League of Nations.
Each gold certificate comes certified by Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) as being in Gem Uncirculated 70 (Gem Unc 70) condition – the highest grade assigned!
- HISTORIC DESIGNS REBORN! – These new currency strikes recreate the original 1934 designs of the $100, $1,000, $10,000 and $100,000 gold certificates in exacting detail. Your eyes immediately meet the familiar portrait of Benjamin Franklin, Grover Cleveland, Salmon P. Chase and Woodrow Wilson.
- AMONG THE FIRST OF THEIR KIND! – Using state-of-the-art technology, 100 milligrams of 24 karat gold are transformed into a single currency-sized work of art. Spread over this lustrous canvas, the design of each currency strike literally shines! These gold certificates are among the very first to be created through this newly-developed process.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY THE SMITHSONIAN! – Since the original 1934 bills are a big attraction in the Smithsonian® numismatic collection, we're honored to present these currency strikes as officially licensed Smithsonian releases. For proof, look to the left of each note for the Smithsonian’s sun logo!
- CERTIFIED GEM UNCIRCULATED – Your currency strikes will also come graded Gem Uncirculated (Gem Unc) by Paper Money Guaranty (PMG). This certification means that your gold certificates are the product of superb strikes that place them firmly among the elite of the run! In addition, each currency strike will be sealed in PMG's new holder, giving you clear visibility along with superior protection.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS – Your currency strikes will also come graded Gem Uncirculated 70 (Gem Unc 70) by Paper Money Guaranty (PMG), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded gold certificates will have ZERO imperfections – showing all details exactly as the mint intended! In addition, each currency strike will be sealed in PMG's new holder, giving you clear visibility along with superior protection.
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE RELEASE! – Only 5,000 of each of these currency strikes will be produced for collectors worldwide!
If you're a fan of American history, large bills, new technology or all of the above, this set of 24-karat gold currency strikes is definitely one to own! Just don't wait too long – certificates made with this new technology have already become massive hits with collectors. Ring one up this four-piece set to your cart today!