Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1885–1889-P Morgan Silver Dollar 5-Coin Set BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $450.00 $436.73
$225.00 / month
Consecutive “Gilded Age” Morgans From the Mother Mint!
The Philadelphia Mint is the first official United States Mint, established in 1792. For this reason, it’s gained the nickname of the “Mother Mint.” Meanwhile, the Morgan Silver Dollar is one of the most collected vintage silver coins in the world. Struck in massive quantities from 1878 to 1921, mass meltings and the ravages of time have resulted in as few as an estimated 15% of all Morgans still remaining in any condition.
This incredible set contains five consecutively dated Morgan Silver Dollars from 1885 to 1889, all from the Mother Mint in Philadelphia struck during the heyday of America’s “Gilded Age.” Still in their original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition after more than 130 years, these 90% silver coins come from the first days of the Statue of Liberty, the publication of Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and the final days of America’s storied Wild West. It’s a beautiful set worthy of any collection!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN – The Morgan Silver Dollar – so named for its designer, U.S. Mint Assistant Engraver George T. Morgan – has stood the test of time. Struck from 1878-1904 and again in 1921.
- BIG SILVER COINS – Struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver, the Morgan Silver Dollar is a big coin 38.1 mm in diameter.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS – Morgan’s historic design depicts a profile of Lady Liberty on the obverse while the reverse features an eagle with outstretched wings.
- BEAUTIFUL BRILLIANTUNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your Morgan Silver Dollars are in gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
- KEY-DATE COINS FROM THE MOTHER MINT – Struck at the “Mother Mint” in Philadelphia, these coins from America’s “Gilded Age” of the late 19th century have no mint mark and helped usher in the 20th Century.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence – and fewer still remain in Choice Uncirculated condition!
Step back in time to the late 1800s and secure a gleaming pocket full of gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated Morgans struck at the Philadelphia Mint. Start, complete or add on to your Morgan collection today!
|Year of Issue||1889, 1888, 1887, 1886, 1885|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|