Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1941–1945 Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollar 5-Coin Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.95 $97.00
Take a Walk with the Silver Half Dollars of World War II
Today, we know the Walking Liberty design as the obverse of the American Eagle Silver Dollar. But when it was first struck the image was used for the Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar, struck in 90% fine silver. This set of five Silver Half Dollars comes dated between 1941 and 1945, making them important pieces of U.S. World War II history. But following the anxious years of rationing and shortages during the 1940s, many war-era half dollars like these were melted for their precious silver or simply worn out in circulation. That means finding any quantity of these 1941-1945 Walking Liberty Half-Dollars today – nearly 75 years after they last rolled off the presses – can be a challenge.
Here’s the Good News: Not only did we find a cache of coins, but each coin comes in Fine to Very Fine (F–VF) condition, housed together in a presentation case for optimal viewing. In addition, you will receive a newspaper reprint from December 8, 1941 – the day after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor– as well as a 1944 French 2 Franc Allied Military Currency (AMC) note. This is the perfect gift for any military history or World War II buff! Reserve yours now!
- ICONC DESIGN REVERED BY COLLECTORS TODAY – Adolph A. Weinman's iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- BIG SILVER DOLLAR COIN FROM THE WORLD WAR II ERA – Each Walking Liberty Half Dollar struck in 12.5 grams of 90% fine silver and measured 30.6 mm in diameter making it America’s largest circulating silver coin struck between 1941 and 1945.
- BEAUTIFUL FINE-TO-VERY FINE CONDITION – Each coin comes in Fine to Very Fine (F-VF) condition with attractive and pleasing eye appeal that you’ll be proud to display in your personal collection.
- HARD-TO-FIND COINS – Since Many of these coins were melted down for their silver or worn during circulation, finding beautiful coins like these can be difficult and time-consuming.
It’s not often that we find a complete run of Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollars like this from the World War II era! While our small quantity lasts, you can own a set of these iconic coins for less than $20 each! Just don’t wait – they’re sure to go fast!
|Year of Issue||1945, 1944, 1943, 1942, 1941|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|