Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 Great Britain Gold Sovereign NGC PF70UC First Struck 5-pc Set
2020 Gold Sovereign Proofs Feature Special 200th Anniversary Mint Mark
Great Britain’s Gold Sovereign is one of the world’s most popular bullion coins – and 2020 marks an important milestone in the series: the death of King George III in 1820. George III was the first monarch to appear on the modern Sovereign in 1817, and Great Britain’s Royal Mint is observing the 200th Anniversary of his passing by striking this year’s proof coins with a special royal cypher mark in his honor.
Each year collectors eagerly await the release of the proof versions of these coins. Well, the wait if over for you because this is your chance to get the complete five-coin set of these special mint-marked 2020 Gold Sovereign proofs! This beautiful set is the most comprehensive collection in the 2020 release. This superb release is limited to just 500 sets, and it includes both the large £5 Gold Sovereign and the Quarter Sovereign – coins that are exclusively available only in this set! Besides the £5 and half Sovereigns, this set also includes the £2 Double Sovereign, £1 Sovereign, and Half Sovereign – five classic coins in all and each struck in gleaming 22-karat gold!
In addition, your coins will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! Plus, these proofs are all certified by NGC as being First Strike (FS) coins, meaning that they were among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue.
The British Sovereign has one of the longest histories of any running series. It dates back to 1817, when the coin debuted with an image of King George III on the obverse and a shield and crown motif on the reverse. The reverse was later replaced with what is today considered to be a classic image: Benedetto Pistrucci’s design of Saint George slaying a dragon – the same design that the coins in this set share. Each coin produced in the series, which ran from 1817-1918, again in 1925, and from 1957 to the present, has been produced according to the purity standards set forth in the Act of 1816. Even the weight of the full sovereign remains relatively constant at 7.988052 grams, which was rounded to 7.98805 grams by the Coin Act in 1971. Today, that tradition is alive and well with this latest issue of the series.
With only 500 Five-Piece Gold Sovereign sets available this year you must act now to make sure you don’t miss out. Place one of these sets your cart right now to avoid disappointment later!
- THE LATEST IN A CENTURIES-OLD SERIES – These coins are part of the latest issue in one of the world’s oldest continuing series. Minted to standards that have remained remarkably constant over the past two hundred years, these coins are perfect for those who love rich history in numismatics.
- SPECIAL MINT MARK – Great Britain’s Royal Mint is observing the 200th Anniversary of King George III’s passing in 1820 by striking this year’s proof coins with special royal cypher marks in honor of him being the first monarch to appear on the modern Sovereign.
- STRUCK IN 22-KARAT GOLD – These Sovereigns were all struck in 22-karat (91.7% fine) gold and measure 13.5 mm, 19.3 mm, 22.05 mm, 28.4 mm and 36.02 mm in diameter.
- BRITISH LEGAL TENDER – Each 2020 Sovereign is legal tender in Great Britain. From largest to smallest, these coins have face values of £5, £2, £1, half pound, and quarter pound.
- GRADED IN LAWLESS PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your coins will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKES CERTIFICATION – All of these proofs are certified as First Strike (FS) coins by NGC, meaning that your coins are among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Just 500 of these sets were authorized – and the large £5 Gold Sovereign and the Quarter Sovereign proof coins are available exclusively in this five-piece set.
The British Royal Mint is among the most highly respected mints in the world. In fact, more than 50 foreign countries entrust their minting to it. Its centuries of continuous history included the service of Sir Isaac Newton, who served as Mint Master for nearly three decades, bringing his knowledge and skill to bear on Britain’s coinage. This set continues what many consider Britain’s most historic and important collections. Act now, because these sets will not be available for long!
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Pedigree||1 of first 50 Struck|
|Denomination||0.25, 0.50, 1.00, 2.00, 5.00|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||1.99 Grams - g, 3.99 Grams - g, 7.98 Grams - g, 15.97 Grams - g, 39.4 Grams - g|
|Dimensions||13.5mm, 19.3mm, 22.05 mm, 28.4mm, 36.02 mm|