Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Native American Seminole Tribe 6-pc BU Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $24.95 $24.21
Celebrating the Seminole Sovereign Nation
Long before America was a nation of states, it was a nation of tribes. To honor these tribes, the Torrance, California-based Native American Mint struck a series of Indian Sovereign Nations coins that are authorized by each tribe. The coins are also recognized by the Federal Government as legal tender in each tribal nation as set forth in the Constitution of the United States and from the terms of bilateral treaties that date back to the 18th century.
With a goal of producing accurate cultural depictions of Native American tribes from across North America, the Native American Mint has added this Seminole Tribe Six-Piece Set to its range of Tribal coins in 2019. The set contains a one-cent, five-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent and $1 coin, each featuring a common obverse. The one-year-only reverse designs depict items, animals and people central to the Seminole way of life
The history of the Seminole nation dates back to the 1700s when a tribe of Southern Creek Indians banded together with people of various other tribes and moved from Georgia to the safer lands of Florida. The peace didn’t last for long and the first Seminole War fought in 1817 drove the tribe further south. The Second Seminole War was waged from 1835-1842 when Seminole Chiefs led by Osceola fought against being forcibly moved to reservations. While many Seminoles were ultimately forced to relocate to Oklahoma, a few held out in Florida’s remote swamplands. The third and final Seminole War from 1855-1858 resulted in all but a few hundred Seminoles being herded to Oklahoma. Those that remained retreated deep into the Everglades to live on land unwanted by white settlers.
Each coin in your 2019 Native American Seminole Tribe Six-Piece Set comes in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint. In addition, the complete six-piece set comes displayed in is original blister pack from the Native American Mint. The colorful blister pack also serves as the set’s Certificate of Authenticity. We have only 50 sets available, so hurry and secure yours today!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGNS HONOR SEMINOLE NATION – The set pays tribute to the rich legacy of the Seminole Nation. Each coin in the set features a shared obverse, while the one-year-only reverse designs depict items, animals and people central to the Seminole way of life.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – These coins were struck in the United States by the Native American Mint and are legal tender in the Seminole Nation under the terms of a bilateral treaties made in the 18th Century with the Federal Government. The denominations include 1₵, 5₵, 10₵, 25₵, 50₵and $1 Cupronickel (CuNi) coins.
- BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Each coin in your 2019 Native American Seminole Tribe Six-Piece Set comes in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
- ORIGINAL MINT PACKAGING – The complete six-piece set comes displayed in is original blister pack from the Native American Mint. The colorful blister pack also serves as the set’s Certificate of Authenticity.
The 2019 Native American Mint Seminole Tribe Six-Piece Set is a stirring one-year-only release that history buffs cannot pass up. Add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Copper-Nickel - CuNi|
|Denomination||0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 1.00|