Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
AD 117–138 Ancient Roman Empire Silver Denarius of Hadrian NGC VF
Silver Struck During the Golden Age of Rome
- IMPORTANT ROMAN COIN – These Silver Denarii struck during the reign of Emperor Hadrian are among the most important coins of their era when Rome was at the height of its power and grandeur.
- STRUCK NEARLY 1,900 YEARS AGO – This coin was struck nearly 1,900 years ago between AD 117-138 by Emperor Hadrian, the third of the so-called “Five Good Emperors” who regained for almost a century from AD 96-180 when the Roman Empire was at its zenith.
- REMARKABLE CONDITION – Your Silver Denarius of Emperor Hadrian has been certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Very Fine condition – a remarkable condition for such a heavily circulated coin struck two millennia ago!
- MUSEUM-QUALITY PIECES OF HISTORY – This coin struck in the 2nd Century is a true piece of history that you can hold in your hands. Most coins this important and in this nice of condition can be found in museums, but now it can be part of your private collection!
- SEALED IN A PROTECTIVE HOLDER – Your coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core – giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
Beautiful coins from of the Roman Empire are among the most popular and coveted pieces in any collection of historic coins. Of those, the most desired are pieces struck when Rome was at the peak of its power, such as these stunning Silver Denarius coins struck during the reign of Emperor Hadrian.
These Silver Denarii were struck from A.D. 117-138 during a time when Rome marked its furthest expansion in Great Britain with Hadrian’s Wall, parts of which still stand to this day. Known as one of Rome’s so-called “Five Good Emperors,” Hadrian reigned during a time when Rome was at its most peaceful, prosperous and largest. It was truly Rome’s golden age. This silver denarius was considered to be the most important coin of that era. It circulated heavily throughout the Roman Empire and was used in all forms of payment from shopping in the market to paying soldiers in the service of Rome.
Finding one of these coins in nice condition is next to impossible, but fortunately for you we’ve unearthed a small cache of these silver denarius coins that are absolutely magnificent. They are so nice, in fact, that each was professionally certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Very Fine (VF) condition! Each coin features the bust of Emperor Hadrian on the obverse. Reverse designs will vary.
Don’t miss your chance to travel back in time and hold a piece of the Roman Empire in your hand when Rome was the center of the universe. Add this Silver Denarius of Emperor Hadrian to your cart and become a curator of world history today!
|Coin Weight||3.49 Grams - g|