Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2012 Australia 1-oz Silver Koala NGC-MS69
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $69.95 $67.89
One of Australia’s Most Endearing Creatures
Australia is one of the most alluring nations on earth thanks in part to its exotic wildlife and the countless animals that are found nowhere else on earth. From the famous boxing kangaroos to the Tasmanian devil to the countless snakes that call the outback home, the fear and awe of the Australian wild are virtually unmatched. The adorable koala, though, is in sharp contrast to most of the fauna Down Under. Even those who aren’t animal lovers can’t help but have a soft spot for the small, cuddly creatures who look either cute in almost any setting. In fact, they eat only eucalyptus leaves, making them about as non-threatening as any wild animal could be. This silver koala captures all of that perfectly, bearing an image of a koala sleeping on a tree branch.
- SIXTH ISSUE OF THIS RELATIVELY NEW SERIES– Many annual bullion issues go back decades, but this series began in 2007. The reverse design changes annually, which makes each coin in the series appealing in its own unique way.
- FROM THE ICONIC PERTH MINT– This coin was struck from .999 fine silver at the Perth Mint. It features that mint’s “P” mint mark, which has become synonymous with outstanding quality for collectors throughout the world.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER– The coin is $1 legal tender in Australia. Because Australia is a British commonwealth, the coin bears a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse. The portrait was the creation of Ian Rank-Broadley.
- VIRTUALLY FLAWLESS-- Your coin will be graded Mint State-69 (MS69) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- A LOW MINTAGE BULLION COIN – While many other bullion issues have mintages in the millions, this coin was part of a mintage of just 388,046 pieces. Because the Koala design changes annually, that offers discerning collectors a particularly attractive option.
Thanks in part to the craftmanship from the Perth Mint, the Australia Koala has emerged as a leading choice for collectors around the world. As with other issues, the Perth Mint sets aside part of its mintage for collectors in Australia every year, and with several years having passed since this coin was minted, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find, especially outside of Australia. Whether you are a fan of animal-themed and/or Australian coins, this is a rare opportunity for you to get this adorable piece, so place your order today at GovMint.com.
|Year of Issue||2012|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.13 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|